Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Thu 22 Nov 12 9:02pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Mentlally & physically handicapped institution food issue.

A company delivers ready made dishes, the same company deals with the local schools.

The company is dis-honest and is stealing money from the institution, meaning from the handicapped that pay for their meals.
Company charge for 100g of aliment, when in fact there is only 80g..
There is never enough on the menu to feed the 110 convives...who pay!!
Yesterday two apprentices, (learning with the company) had their plates full on their trays, along with their boss who passed by..so three trays full of foods that they were going to eat without paying...no way, those craps were noticed....!!!

NO NO   mad

With just €12.00 one can make a healthy entrée/starters for those 110 people...will be proved very soon.

Likes (0)

#2 Fri 23 Nov 12 9:36am

hippytea

Occupation Chief cook and bottle-washer
From Scotland
Member since Mon 12 Sep 11

Re: Mentlally & physically handicapped institution food issue.

Is this somewhere you work or volunteer or something?

Likes (0)

#3 Fri 23 Nov 12 10:57am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Kye , it's awful when that sort of things happen but when it's happening to people who are often more vulnerable than others it is simply unforgivable .
I can feel your outrage as this has got me pretty mad as well .

questions ?
are the company weighing out the food into ready made containers ?
and are they leaving the weight of the containers as part of the finished weight ?

Likes (0)

#4 Fri 23 Nov 12 7:46pm

Kye

Forum super champ

Hippy, my husband looks after their welfare.

mummz, the company deliver the foods in bulk, weighing the parts when they arrive in the kitchens.
There is a full time chef who is very good and takes care of a group of 'the young' as we call them, who do the service at mid-day...
There are two services and usually when the second service arrives there are often aliments that are missing from the menu...non left!!

My husband suspected that the people from this company were messing arond but had no evidence, he attends mid-day service at least once a week with the nurse who attends everyday to make sure the young are taking their various treatments.

When he noticed that the three from the company had their trays, he loudly asked them if they had marked their names for the monthly bill. He had to leave the restaurant just then so didn't get an answer, apparently the man was very angry...

Yesterday my husband held a meeting and was so outraged that he defied the company to make a starter plate as good as he with same expences.
I will make enough cake for each to have a decent helping, not the first time as i make cakes for them anyway...but it will be proof too that when we are not crooks we can do better and cheaper.

Likes (0)

#5 Fri 23 Nov 12 9:37pm

hippytea

Occupation Chief cook and bottle-washer
From Scotland
Member since Mon 12 Sep 11

Go go go! Do your best for those folk.

I can't help but think that it would be easy enough to spot-check the weights of the helpings with a good set of kitchen scales. If proof is an issue, maybe they could hire a calibrated set.

Likes (0)

#6 Fri 23 Nov 12 11:14pm

Kye

Forum super champ

The very best is always done for them, thats why we are so angry at the moment, they are all important.

It would be so easy to check the weights, and perhaps it could be another duty for the full time chef or the person on 'duty'. Problem is that no designed post exist to employ a person.

I think that they (the baddies) have taken things too far, they will very soon choke on their crulness  evil

Likes (0)