Jamie Oliver

forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Thu 29 Nov 12 2:53am

WebbFoot

Member since Thu 19 Apr 12

Jamie Oliver TV shows and the possiblility of...

Okay, hopefully I'll make sense given that I'm writing this in a hurry. I love Jamie's tv shows and have bought just about all the dvds on amazon/itunes that are availalbe in my country.

Now, I want more, but the problem there are no more to purchase. I don't have cable and rarely use apps, if any of that makes a difference in this topic. 

So here's my question, and if its not legal to do, then fair enough and feel free to remove this post. I'm also naive.

But I'd love to get in contact with someone in the UK or elsewhere in the world who may have a broader collection of Jamies dvds to possibly make copies and send here (with me paying the shipping, handling, etc.) in America would at all be possible.

If you have suggestions, let me know. But please don't throw me under the bus for asking. Thanks much.

Last edited by WebbFoot (Thu 29 Nov 12 3:24am)

Likes (0)

#2 Thu 29 Nov 12 1:34pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Re: Jamie Oliver TV shows and the possiblility of...

Why don't you contact customer service and ask them what they can do for you?  It may help them to know that there's a market for certain DVD's in your region.

Definitely don't do anything illegal like copying and distributing DVD's! roll

Likes (0)

#3 Fri 30 Nov 12 9:38am

Pakman

Forum champ
From Estonia
Member since Tue 06 Oct 09

What your suggesting is called "pirating"
http://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/docs/Co … ER_red.pdf

Go to Amazon and find what you want there. They should be able to ship worldwide depending on the vendor.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=pd_lpo_k2 … E6MZANZ7KB

You may have a problem with regions though so if your dvd player is set  to play dvds from one region you'll be sad. When I bought my dvd player I asked for a region free one.

Windoze only lets you change the region a 5 times before locking to the last region selection. There are some programs that remove that and if your legally buying vids I don't see a problem using it but who knows.

Likes (0)

#4 Fri 30 Nov 12 12:17pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

I would also say that you should NOT make copies of the DVD's .
I agree it would be pirating and could get you into severe trouble.

I think that the only advice here is ... Do NOT copy any DVD .

Likes (0)

#5 Tue 04 Dec 12 1:52am

WebbFoot

Member since Thu 19 Apr 12

Thanks. I'll see if I have a region free dvd but I think I'll be sad. If so, I'll just learn to enjoy what I bought and own even more.

Likes (0)