From Estonia
Member since Tue 06 Oct 09
    Likes (0)

#42 Wed 05 Dec 12 10:48am

Ferdinend

Member since Wed 05 Dec 12

Re: Diabetes Advice

Hi Terri,
Vegetables and fruits are rich source of nutrients, loe in calories and full of fibre so eat plenty of vegetables and fruits. Beans are best source of dietary fibre, fish is great source of protein and great substitute for higher fat mear, chicken breast is low in calories and saturated fat, nuts have good fats that strengthen heart so add all these items in your daily meals and add cereals in your breakfast specially.
castle hills personal trainer

Last edited by Ferdinend (Sat 15 Dec 12 6:15am)

Likes (0)

#43 Wed 05 Dec 12 5:54pm

TerryKay

Forum champ
Occupation Beer Reviewer, Freelance Writer and Pole Dancer at Peppermint Hippo.
From London
Member since Sun 06 Dec 09

Cheers again for assistance and info guys and gals.
I'm finding at the moment though, that I've suddenly run out of inspiration.
Yeah I've lost a cart load of weight but after a speight of feeling that apart from some heartbreaking exclusions, my food had never been better, I'm now fed up with it. Everything I cook is either **** hard work (and I'm a lazy sod) or else bloody boring. I'm at a bit of a low food wise. Food has lost its spontaneous joy and now has to be planned days in advance.
Take no notice everyone. I'm having an 'oh woe is me' day. mad  sad  puke

Likes (0)

#44 Wed 05 Dec 12 6:04pm

TerryKay

Forum champ
Occupation Beer Reviewer, Freelance Writer and Pole Dancer at Peppermint Hippo.
From London
Member since Sun 06 Dec 09

That ****ing blanked out ****ing word in my previous ****ing posting, was very ****ing innocent word. Blanking it out makes the posting look ****ing worse than it was.
Dam this river of blanks!!
PS I put my own blanks in this just to prove how bad it looks. evil

Likes (0)

#45 Wed 05 Dec 12 7:54pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

TerryKay wrote:

Cheers again for assistance and info guys and gals.
I'm finding at the moment though, that I've suddenly run out of inspiration.
Yeah I've lost a cart load of weight but after a speight of feeling that apart from some heartbreaking exclusions, my food had never been better, I'm now fed up with it. Everything I cook is either **** hard work (and I'm a lazy sod) or else bloody boring. I'm at a bit of a low food wise. Food has lost its spontaneous joy and now has to be planned days in advance.
Take no notice everyone. I'm having an 'oh woe is me' day. mad  sad  puke

Sorry to hear that you are feeling down Terry.
I may make you feel a little worse in asking if your doctor recomends you for a heart check once a year... hmm

Likes (0)

#46 Wed 05 Dec 12 10:08pm

hippytea

Occupation Chief cook and bottle-washer
From Scotland
Member since Mon 12 Sep 11

TerryKay wrote:

That ****ing blanked out ****ing word in my previous ****ing posting, was very ****ing innocent word. Blanking it out makes the posting look ****ing worse than it was.

I feel your pain. Vis my recent post re spatchc*cked turkey.

Likes (0)

#47 Wed 05 Dec 12 11:52pm

JerryR

Member since Tue 20 Nov 12

Artificial sweeteners can be used in moderation, eg Canderel, Saccharin, Hermesetas. Use tablet sweeteners for drinks and powdered sweeteners for cereals, custard and milk puddings, etc. Limit ordinary cheese to lb a week. smile

Likes (0)

#48 Thu 06 Dec 12 11:18pm

Pakman

Forum champ
From Estonia
Member since Tue 06 Oct 09

Terry I think I know what your talking about. What helped me was just not cooking.
In other words, going on the cleanse. Either water or water/smoothie mix for a day or two.

Another thing is, if you've been a good boy, you need to splurge every once in a while and enjoy a favorite food. Only do it yourself and make it as "healthy" as possible and control the portion size.

I don't plan my food intake I just have a fridge full of fresh possibilities and wing it from there everyday.

whistle

Likes (0)

#49 Fri 07 Dec 12 1:02am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Terry have you been checking out Jamie's 15 minute meals? I am finding them really inspiring with the quick, healthy tips.

On the other hand, I sympathise! Hope you can wing it without hurting your health, until things start stop feeling so ****ing awful!

Likes (0)

#50 Mon 10 Dec 12 1:54am

Kiwiboy

Member since Mon 10 Dec 12

Might be a fairly stupid question, but are you a type one or two diabetic?

Likes (0)