Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Tue 04 Dec 12 8:06pm

Antasto

Member since Sat 14 Jul 12

Re: farls with what?

guacamole isn't bad actually...perhaps with chopped tomatoes added to it?

Likes (0)

#12 Tue 04 Dec 12 8:19pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Sun dried could be good, but with the garlic i add in guacamole it already has a good taste. Fresh tomatoes will add too much juice.

Likes (0)

#13 Tue 04 Dec 12 10:50pm

xanderlee

Member since Fri 11 Jun 10

I like them with any topping which has a bit of a sauce: thick and rich.

You could try thinly sliced leek gently sweated until soft and then add come cream cheese or cream and black pepper and topped further with diced tomato.  Go one step further and top this again with some grated cheese and grill until the cheese melts over the toms and creamed leeks.

Mushrooms in a white garlic sauce perhaps

Or to keep a bit of the traditional feel, how about scrambled egg and smoked salmon (omit the salmon if they do not eat fish).  Top the scrambled egg with black pepper and small peices of diced tomato for colour

And again what about scrambled eggs with peppers (sorry it is late; there is a name for this lol ) gently fry some diced peppers and onion until hot but not soft, then add some diced tomatoes. When the toms are hot, add the mixed egg and scramble.  Sprinkle parsley on the top.

You can add variations to the egg e.g. add some chillies or some garam masala for an Indian feel lol.  The world is your farl!

lol  lol

Likes (0)

#14 Sun 09 Dec 12 2:59pm

Antasto

right, tried them on with guacamole, topped with chopped tomatoes salad (tomatoes, red onion, vinegar and oil): they were good, but because of the guacamole I couldn't taste the farls at all, perhaps I should use something with a more dlicate taste next time

Likes (0)

#15 Mon 10 Dec 12 9:56am

hippytea

Occupation Chief cook and bottle-washer
From Scotland
Member since Mon 12 Sep 11

I have to admit I think they're best fresh with a bit of butter on them and nothing else!

Likes (0)

#16 Mon 10 Dec 12 9:04pm

Antasto

Next time I will try xanderlee's suggestions. I have already tried them with salmon and they were delicious but my gf is vegetarian so when I cook them for her I will try the mushrooms
cheers

Likes (0)