#591 Wed 12 Dec 12 10:25am

jamie

Chef
From Fifteen Restaurant, London
Member since Wed 24 Mar 04

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Ratko wrote:

Hi there,

Fist i would like to say that I admire your work. I admire you work with the adolescents you are doing. Giving them a chance to become more than they have imagined in their lives. You are doing a great job, and i think you should be given the Nobel Prize.
I like to hear your opinion for one recipe, that i like to make and surprise everyone on my birthday. I have mushrooms, cheese and a shafran. I like to put the mushrooms in a pan, then put the cheese over them and bake them in the oven. At the end i like to put some shafran on them. Do you think it is a good combination?

Best Regards,

Hello

Did you mean Saffron??? How about trying one of my recipes for baked mushrooms?

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vege … icotta-fun

Nice one

Jamie

Likes (0)

#592 Wed 12 Dec 12 10:29am

jamie

Chef

ducato666 wrote:

hiya i have just bought a cast iron small omlette  pan
i  want to make a fritatar i have seen you make one
thanks maggie

Hi Maggie

Here is my recipe for Fritatta

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vege … watercress

Cheers

J

Likes (0)

#593 Wed 12 Dec 12 10:33am

jamie

Chef

Germandio wrote:

Hi Jamie,

I have to cook a 3 course meal for 28 people for christmas. Does you have some ideas of what to cook that is suitable for 28 people and easy to make?

Hope to hear from you.

Germandio

Hi Germandio

Here are some recommendations for you, good luck with the meal, let us know how you get on.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vege … rsnip-soup

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/turk … r-any-time

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/past … m-s-trifle

Likes (0)

#594 Wed 12 Dec 12 10:36am

jamie

Chef

Eleonoor wrote:

Hi

Maybe a scilly question, but I'm allergic to cheese (not to all dairy but just to cheese, creame cheese). I'm wondering what I can use instead if I'd like to make 'pesto'.

Eleonoor

Hi Eleonoor

No probs, you can leave the cheese out, blitz up pine nuts, basil and olive oil and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice!

Jamie

Likes (0)

#595 Wed 12 Dec 12 10:53am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

I've just made 2 litres of pesto to give as gifts and to stock up myself. It keeps fine in the fridge or freezer but looses some of its green-ness on storing. I don't add Parmesan when making (even if for immediate use). Those who want it can add it at the table, family style.

In addition to the "usual suspects" , I also use white walnuts in my recipe.

Last edited by Maree (Wed 12 Dec 12 10:56am)

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#596 Wed 12 Dec 12 12:29pm

jonty

Occupation warehouse operative
From Huddersfield
Member since Wed 04 Jan 06

Hi
I brew homemade wine (normally from Kits),but i have just made and bottled some Sloe wine,(which will take a few months to mature).
My question is what food would accompany the Sloe wine ?
As this is the first time i have made sloe wine from the fruit and not from a kit , what food would accompany the Sloe wine ?
Any suggestions would be most welcome and appreciated.
Thank you
Jonty

Likes (0)

#597 Wed 12 Dec 12 4:13pm

hippytea

Occupation Chief cook and bottle-washer
From Scotland
Member since Mon 12 Sep 11

Jamieeee!

Wazaa.

Nice to see you. Do you come here often?

Likes (0)

#598 Fri 14 Dec 12 3:54pm

desitaly

Member since Fri 14 Dec 12

Hi Jamie!
I have a small butcher's shop in northern Italy with my husband, and get wonderful pork meat from Mantova, but something you don't find in Italy is gammon. I would really like to know how I could make it, starting from the hind leg of the pork. I understand the raw meat has to be treated, but how? Thanks a lot!  big_smile

Likes (0)

#599 Sat 15 Dec 12 10:46am

Danshakin

Member since Sat 15 Dec 12

Hi Jamie,

Cooking a large turkey for crimbo about 8 kg, do you or anybody else on this forum have any experience brining a turkey. I know it's done a lot in the US but why not over here? Does it really work?

Cheers in advance
Dan

Likes (0)

#600 Sat 15 Dec 12 12:08pm

flashcrow2000

Member since Wed 07 Mar 12

Hi Jamie, please give me some pointers on roast beef (fresh beef, not the kind which was hanged for 21 days, or anything like that). I tried your recipe (roast beef with baby Yorkies meal, from 30 minutes meals) and i did everything by the book (didn't poke the meat, didn't press it, roasted it in the beginning to close the juices in) but still the meat was a bit .. chewy. Should I let it marinate in wine, soy sauce, lime juice, or anything like that before cooking it? Any answers is appreciated, thank you smile

Likes (0)