Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Wed 19 Dec 12 3:02pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Re: Lasagna Cupcakes! Jeez!

chocolatechip84 wrote:

I love that idea! Yes! Cheesy Salmon. I guess then it would not really resemble a typical lasagna but still. Oh I also like the idea of spinach. Like ground beef, ricotta, mozzarella and spinach with perhaps instead of a store-bought pasta sauce, a home-made one with more herbs and spices. The recipe i found is kinda bland in that sense and it lacks veggies.

No-meat lasagna is quite nice with all sorts of sauteed and grilled vegetables - eggplant, zucchini and yellow/summer squash, onions, garlic . . . I keep a few pots of fresh herbs that come inside in winter . . . it's amazing how often they get used when otherwise, I might not bother purchasing the same number/variety.

Likes (0)

#12 Wed 19 Dec 12 3:35pm

hippytea

Occupation Chief cook and bottle-washer
From Scotland
Member since Mon 12 Sep 11

I can't keep fresh herbs alive through the winter. I think it's the lack of light. I once considered getting a daylight lamp for them, but they cost a fortune, to buy and to run. And when you Google "daylight lamp" you find yourself in a world of hash growers. Same thing happens if you Google "is molasses the same as treacle". Apparently hash plants like treacle. Who knew?

Anyway, the thing about lasagne cupcakes is, how are you supposed to eat them without getting sauce all over your hands? Or do you just eat them with a knife and fork?

Likes (0)

#13 Wed 19 Dec 12 4:19pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

The cheapest is to buy the florescent fixture - that long, metal-topped ugly thing that fits two tubes, attach chains and hang this on hooks in the ceiling so you can bring it to whatever level you need.  Use full-spectrum tubes which are very cheap in terms of electricity.

Likes (0)

#14 Wed 19 Dec 12 6:36pm

hippytea

Occupation Chief cook and bottle-washer
From Scotland
Member since Mon 12 Sep 11

Oh. Thanks. I'll try that. Dark winters are such a bind.

Likes (0)

#15 Wed 19 Dec 12 8:06pm

chocolatechip84

Member since Mon 26 Nov 12

i imagine it should be a little messy. Although they should not be that small so you can just use a fork and a knife. Or just don't go overboard with the pasts sauce lol  at least that's what I'll do.  smile

Likes (0)

#16 Thu 20 Dec 12 12:08am

Pakman

Forum champ
From Estonia
Member since Tue 06 Oct 09

http://cupcakechroniclesofcarnage.blogs … cakes.html

To me that looks like lasagne and it's in cupcake form.
I still wouldn't consider it a "cupcake" though.

What are you reaching for?

Likes (0)

#17 Thu 20 Dec 12 7:52am

Pakman

Forum champ
From Estonia

Likes (0)

#18 Thu 20 Dec 12 11:33pm

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Thanks for linking that Pakman. Now I can see what all the fuss is about, and I want to try them!

Likes (0)

#19 Fri 21 Dec 12 8:01am

Pakman

Forum champ
From Estonia

thumbsup

Likes (0)