forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sun 16 Dec 12 4:32am

jonathanne22

Member since Sun 16 Dec 12

I had no idea I could go this way to share what I know. Godbless.

Here I am, wanting to share what is inside on my mind about cooking. I am 22 years old and been cooking since I was 18 years old. I like to explore a wide range of ingredient and method and skills. What I was trying to look on is the traditional method of cooking and how they prepare dishes even though they do not have inadequate equipment but yet, having such a good meal. All this years I been expose to a luxurious cooking environment but still, my inner self bring me to the point where I could it is rubbish to treat food as if there's too much restriction on what to use or could not be use. For me, concept of cooking is about love, not about showing of, its about cooking entirely base on achieving what is best to an all day consume. I found Jamie is one of them, who take simplicity into something worth, something that deserve to be appreciates. The other thing is also about using fresh, I mean fresh is where you will still found pesticide on the vege that you grow because it is not a criminal to share with them what we eating.  lol  lol . I like cooking, as if my life were it, I like to explore others taste buds, what they have been eating since born, the food culture around them. It is best to know, what they prefer to eat, its like knowing someone to create a dish for someone. My culinary skills are mixed up, I read about middle east, who use spices, yogurt, mint, saffron, and then comes the asian, which influence the taste of strong pungent flavour from lemongrass, coriander, Chinese celery, ginger bud etc. yet I could say, the asian use more spices then the western country where wines are available to balance up the cooking base. There is a bunch of ingredient in the world that we can used to create a certain dish, so, appreciates them. appreciates even a small tiny little seeds, portion of spices and lots more. For me, the food ministry help to reduce the people that is consuming fast food more these days. I hope one day, I could work within the ministry to learn more and to give more and also work with Jamie, I am pretty sure lots of people does too. hahaha. till then, goodbye.

Likes (0)

#2 Sun 16 Dec 12 6:17pm

greenkitchen

Occupation Radio
From Sugar Land, Texas USA
Member since Sun 25 Nov 07

Re: I had no idea I could go this way to share what I know. Godbless.

Jonathann, what a beautiful post!    Welcome to the forums.   clap

I love the way you've expressed the loving nature of food.  I think that the energy we put into our cooking goes directly into the people that eat it, including ourselves.  I also think that when we tap into other cultures and learn about how they prepare food we are in some way, sharing that good energy with everyone else.

I was wondering, since you're learning so much about the different spices and techniques that different cultures use, have you tried a mash up of your own?   I live in Texas so I've played around with Indian and Mexican together.  Not too long ago I made Paneer and eggs and instead of using naan I used corn tortillas (fresh) to eat them with.  The flavor combo was really good.   thumbsup

Likes (0)

#3 Sat 22 Dec 12 9:40am

jonathanne22

Member since Sun 16 Dec 12

Re: I had no idea I could go this way to share what I know. Godbless.

Thank you for your reply and for the compliment.
I like mash things up but sometimes, it just happen, not by my intention but my imagination. I often found myself "blank" not knowing what is going to happen but that is what suppose to do, we learn something new yet we failed, it become a lesson for us to move forward (depends on whether we are the type to move on or give up). I may have cook a lot of food that is required no recipe, only what is available, I just put my focus and love towards what I do and whether it turn out it to be good or not, we could not know.
The reason I say this is because, did you ever ask yourself, "do people that comment my food are really saying it is good to make me feel good or to say it was horrible because you just prepare a hell of a food"?. Hahahaha, funny to think of it right? I prefer to mash things up and share it with those who are working with me rather than someone who does not know about food. Dont you think so? anyway, happy trying and always cook with love, nothing could go wrong if you put love into your food.

Likes (0)