Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sun 23 Dec 12 12:28am

dorsil

Member since Fri 18 Nov 11

stuffed Chicken Roll

hello,i have a boneless stuffed chicken,the butcher didn't made it in a net,should i leave it like this or i make the net to cook it,and how much time it takes in an electric fan oven,its about 16cm long and 4 inches wide.

and what gravy you suggest?

Thanks for your help

Last edited by dorsil (Sun 23 Dec 12 12:29am)

Likes (0)

#2 Sun 23 Dec 12 1:20am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: stuffed Chicken Roll

how much does it weigh ?
I have never tried to cook a rolled boneless cicken.
I am not sure about the net as I think he has put it in that rather than tie it with string.
Are you planning to stuff it at all ?
In which case the net wil be off and you will have to tie it with string

As for gravy , you ca buy some pretty decent fresh chicken stock in the supermarkets and I would use that as a base for your gravey , you could add a spoonfiul of cranberry sauce to the gravy to give it a festive taste and look.

Likes (0)

#3 Mon 24 Dec 12 12:24am

dorsil

hi they are 2KG each,because we have 2 rolls,in these recent years we made pork rolls and i cook them at a bakery,but i think chicken take less time and at the moment considering baking them at home with an electric fan cooker,so what time should i give?im gonna paste them with herbs before i bake them for sure

no they are already stuffed and got them out from freezer so by night they will defrost,can i put photos here as i will put photos of them raw and cooked.

Likes (0)

#4 Mon 24 Dec 12 7:33am

Liasc

Member since Sun 23 Dec 12

Because ovens are not created equal, I would use a meat thermometer as a guarantee. It may seem like cheating but better than serving undercooked chicken.

Likes (0)

#5 Mon 24 Dec 12 7:35am

Pakman

Forum champ
From Estonia
Member since Tue 06 Oct 09

This site says "Oven: 1hr 25mins at 180C (one Roll), 1hr 35mins at 180C (2 Rolls)."
http://www.lenards.com.au/Location/Lena … -Roll.aspx

You can post pics in your blog here. On the left list click on blogs.

Likes (0)

#6 Mon 24 Dec 12 9:51am

dorsil

hi thanks usefull info m8s,if i put them on the oven rag,should they stuck?

Likes (0)

#7 Mon 24 Dec 12 10:02am

Pakman

Forum champ
From Estonia

If you have a pan with a rack that would be best. Then you could make your gravy with the pan drippings.

Likes (0)

#8 Mon 24 Dec 12 10:06am

dorsil

i don't thing it stacks because if i have a pan with a rack it would be the same think,what you say?

no i don't have ,im gonna seal it before in a dish,you think it will stuck on the oven racks?so ill put a dish underneath for the droppings

what kind of seasoning you suggest?all i do when cooking is a little from everything i have in moderation and thats it,so what your opinion in this kind of meat?

1st photo in here

http://www.jamieoliver.com/bloggers/vie … p?id=79195

Last edited by dorsil (Mon 24 Dec 12 10:12am)

Likes (0)

#9 Mon 24 Dec 12 12:35pm

Pakman

Forum champ
From Estonia

One is smaller then the other so it will cook faster.
If you could take the temperature like Liasc suggested it would be best. Gov. is 165F/75C but use your own judgement.

Since they are stuffed you may want to mirror the stuffing flavor.
For me poultry flavor is great with thyme, sage, slat and pepper. No need to "seal" them they are in their own skin. You can though. Maybe a baste with a thyme/sage melted butter may be good. Or just cover them with bacon.... oops

Likes (0)