forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#651 Sun 23 Dec 12 11:46pm

Rathleague

Member since Sun 23 Dec 12

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Can anyone direct me to the sneakers ice cream that Jamie made a few days ago on tv....i cant find it sad

Likes (0)

#652 Mon 24 Dec 12 3:25am

melly75

Member since Mon 24 Dec 12

Hi, am just wondering with your stuffing recipe, is it ok to prepare it on the day ie today, and pop in the fridge ready to be cooked tomorrow afternoon?  Just checking....

Last edited by melly75 (Mon 24 Dec 12 3:26am)

Likes (0)

#653 Mon 24 Dec 12 7:17am

Liasc

Member since Sun 23 Dec 12

I bought a large open topped pan (22" diameter x 4" deep), similar to a Paella pan but made of heavier metal with a quality non-stick surface. Its great for frying large quantities of chicken, fish and even fajitas but id like to find a variety of 1 pan recipes I can cook in this pan. I'm finding the open top a challenge for some of the recipes I have.

Likes (0)

#654 Mon 24 Dec 12 8:47am

hippytea

Occupation Chief cook and bottle-washer
From Scotland
Member since Mon 12 Sep 11

I looked and it seems the Snickers ice cream recipe used to be on jamieoliver.com, but has been taken down. The whole site's being reorganised right now, so it would be worth looking again in a few weeks.

I don't know about the Sneakers ice cream, but that doesn't sound quite so tasty to me.

Likes (0)

#655 Mon 24 Dec 12 11:17am

suewatsham

Just about to start making my gravy for tomorrow. Instead of using chicken wings, can I use the wings and and giblets from the turkey?

Thanks.  hmm

Likes (0)

#656 Mon 24 Dec 12 11:22am

Thistledo

Occupation Retired something or other
From English immigrant in S. Wales
Member since Fri 07 Dec 12

Not a problem.  Neither the chicken nor the turkey will mind.  They won't notice. neutral

Likes (0)

#657 Mon 24 Dec 12 1:33pm

Thistledo

Occupation Retired something or other
From English immigrant in S. Wales
Member since Fri 07 Dec 12

Advice on an honest to goodness basic coleslaw, please, using white cabbage, carrot and onion.  Done a little Googling but all are American and full of fancy dressings, etc.  Just want a nice crunchy fine one.  Importantly, once made up, how long will it keep in the fridge and should that storage be with the mayonnaise or without?
If you can think of another basic ingredient, that would be helpful too.
Ta muchly.

Last edited by Thistledo (Mon 24 Dec 12 1:34pm)

Likes (0)

#658 Mon 24 Dec 12 10:38pm

hennyvlug

Occupation helpdesk for software
From Heemskerk, the Netherlands

On 24kitchen.nl I see your 15minute meals and sometimes you are using "salted lemons". I cant seem to find those here in Holland, is there any way I can get them online?

Thanks from Holland
Henny

Likes (0)

#659 Mon 24 Dec 12 10:51pm

hippytea

Occupation Chief cook and bottle-washer
From Scotland
Member since Mon 12 Sep 11

Hi Henny,

Is it these?

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/jami … index.html

If so, you can make them yourself.

Merry Christmas!

Likes (0)

#660 Tue 25 Dec 12 12:42am

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Thistledo wrote:

Advice on an honest to goodness basic coleslaw, please, using white cabbage, carrot and onion.  Done a little Googling but all are American and full of fancy dressings, etc.  Just want a nice crunchy fine one.  Importantly, once made up, how long will it keep in the fridge and should that storage be with the mayonnaise or without?
If you can think of another basic ingredient, that would be helpful too.
Ta muchly.

Equal parts of grated white cabbage and carrot, very little onion and home made mayonnaise. It is kept maximum two days in the fridge.
I also add grated cheese.

Likes (0)