forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21411 Wed 26 Dec 12 4:04am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Re: Whats For Supper?

Merry Christmas Coco. They are weird looking but taste yummy.

Your meal sounds yummy.

An making garlic oil right now (cake's in the oven). Refuse to pay $15.00 at the gourmet shop for it when it only needs a head of garlic and a cup of EVOO.

You can see why I had to resort to Wiki. Couldn't begin to describe them myself LOL.

Last edited by Maree (Wed 26 Dec 12 4:59am)

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#21412 Wed 26 Dec 12 8:00am

Kiwi Kris

Forum champ
From New Zealand
Member since Sun 09 Jan 05

Thanks, Maree & yes, both your links worked, thank you!  smile

Oh! so, Balmain bugs are a butterfly fan lobster! With your yummy recipe it says you can use - cooked bugs or (lobster or scampi or king prawns - I know of these 3!)...so, I've learnt something new today, thanks again!  thumbsup

I'm glad you enjoyed & shared your Christmas dinner with your friends! And, today, Boxing Day, a lovely Xmas dinner with your family! Also, "Happy Birthday" to your son for tomorrow!

Hi Coh! Mmmm! your Christmas dinner sounded yummy, too! I haven't had duck in years, only chicken or turkey!

Happy Holidays to you both & all!  smile

Likes (0)

#21413 Wed 26 Dec 12 10:18am

Maree

Forum super champ

Pleasure,Kris.

Likes (0)

#21414 Wed 26 Dec 12 2:26pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

Baked ham tonight, with mashed potatoes, parsley sauce and roast broccoli and cauliflower.  Mince pies and brandy butter for pudding.

Likes (0)

#21415 Wed 26 Dec 12 2:30pm

Thistledo

Occupation Retired something or other
From English immigrant in S. Wales
Member since Fri 07 Dec 12

Cold cuts of meat - beef and gammon - with homemade coleslaw, etc.  Followed by mince with extra apple pie with double cream or brandy sauce.  Absolutely no cooking on Boxing Day, that's my policy, lol.

Likes (0)

#21416 Thu 27 Dec 12 2:30pm

ambie

Occupation Busy mum
From Wiltshire
Member since Wed 26 Dec 12

Sweet and sour 'turkey' with rice tonight and 'turkey' cranberry leftover pasties tomorrow! LOL  smile

Likes (0)

#21417 Thu 27 Dec 12 4:00pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

Roast chicken, rice and green beans, and mince pies for pudding.

Likes (0)

#21418 Thu 27 Dec 12 4:47pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Turkey........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Again............ whistle

Likes (0)

#21419 Thu 27 Dec 12 9:16pm

Maree

Forum super champ

smile

Likes (0)

#21420 Fri 28 Dec 12 12:30am

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

Fried chicken breast, peas and mashed potatoes.

Likes (0)