forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Sat 29 Dec 12 7:19pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Re: What was Christmas Dinner?

Oh, forgot to add that my sil made the cookies.  They're basically meringues filled with chocolate chips - in the shape of a kiss with the chips inside.  I thought they were too sweet . . . I make meringue cookies by adding a little ground hazelnut flour or almond flour and cocoa powder (finest quality) fill with chunks of good chocolate if desired.

Likes (0)

#22 Sat 29 Dec 12 11:51pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Well that's it ..
It's official ...
There is no turkey left in our house !
None was wasted it was all eaten .

The slow roasted turkey , cooked low overnight was realy juicy .
Bones made stock.
Stock made soup with added vegetables , turkey meat and a good slosh of port wine .
One cold meal with bubble and squeak .
One sandwich for my daughter to take on the train ( but it didn't last as long as getting to the train station , she ate it on the way !)
Turkey pie for supper tonight ..and a couple of indervidual
Turkey pies sent over to my daughters friend who is poorly .

And thats it ...
No more turkey !

Likes (0)

#23 Sat 29 Dec 12 11:57pm

ambie

Occupation Busy mum
From Wiltshire
Member since Wed 26 Dec 12

I believe we will have one more day of turkey tomorrow and hopefully that will be us done too, and as much as I enjoy it, I think I will be quite glad to see the back of it for a while....! It was turkey pasties on the menu for us today!

Likes (0)

#24 Sun 30 Dec 12 7:16am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

It was cold and raining in Sydney (wettest christmas day since the 1940s) so I think anyone who'd decided on the traditional hot lunch would have been very happy. We went to family for lunch and dinner/leftovers. Had the usual cold ham, hot turkey, roasted veg and salads. Followed by pavlova and fruit. Dinner was the same plus the rest of the extended families' leftovers too. And then everyone went home with someone else's leftovers.

Likes (0)

#25 Tue 24 Sep 13 6:58am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Spam reported cathy123.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#26 Tue 24 Sep 13 9:46am

davidjackson

Member since Fri 09 Aug 13

A traditional British Christmas dinner will always include a roast bird, and or another roast meat. Traditionally Roast Goose was the preferred Christmas food in Britain until the new-fangled Turkey arrived from America in the 16th century.

Likes (0)