Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#671 Sat 29 Dec 12 5:17pm

Klogs

Member since Tue 29 Nov 11

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Hi to everyone here.

I'm going for my second round of entertaining this Christmas. The first round was very adult and all the recipes went down fantastically.  This time I have children coming. I remember last year I did these chocolate crunchy bites. It was from Jamie Oliver, I think one of the programs as I can't find the recipe anywhere. It was pretty simple; melt chocolate and swirl over brown sugar and orange then put in fridge to make long stick type sweets.  I could probably recreate them, but I wondered if anyone can tell me where to find the recipe again, because I'm likely to mess it up

Ta for now!

Klogs

Likes (0)

#672 Sun 30 Dec 12 3:30am

Janice Grant

Member since Sun 30 Dec 12

What is orka I see it in one of your 15 minute recipes book I have also houmous is that hummus?

Likes (0)

#673 Sun 30 Dec 12 7:56am

dutchtulipman

Hi guys, I was watching 15 minute meals on tv a few weeks back and Jamie was cooking "Happy Cow Burgers" that had beans in them. I am a vegetarian and have searched everywhere for this recipe and can't seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find the recipe or what episode of 15 minute meals it was featured on? Thanks.

Likes (0)

#674 Sun 30 Dec 12 4:00pm

VallieB

Hi Jamie, I loved your JOOLS’ FAVOURITE SICILIAN TUNA FUSILLI when I had it recently in your Nottingham Restaurant. I would love to re-create it at home but cannot find it anywhere on your website, or anywhere else online or in your recipe books. Is this something you could release so I can enjoy again? I do not have one of your restaurants easily accessible to me, so would really like to have the ability to cook the dish myself. Many thanks Jamie, love your food!

Best wishes Valerie.

Happy New Year.  clap

Likes (0)

#675 Sun 30 Dec 12 8:28pm

hummmm

I'm having meringue issues.. every time I make a meringue it doesn't become hard while baking and comes out all soft from the oven..I have tried pretty much everything, but with no result.. egg white beating skills seem to be fine, no problems there..Please help me for egg's sake, as I have wasted so many of them already in my 'I can beat this' attempts..thank you

Likes (0)

#676 Sun 30 Dec 12 10:38pm

Ian02054

Hi...
I got your crumpie mix for xmas, but the directions are all faded on the back.....

How do you mix the recipie up??

Ian

Likes (0)

#677 Mon 31 Dec 12 12:51pm

burnalot

Member since Mon 31 Dec 12

Hi Jamie, i recently had an extension done to my kitchen ,so that i could store all your cookbooks,lol.

I got your 15 min meal book for xmas, too many cheats in it for  my liking, however i do understand the fastfood concept.

Heres my food question "how do i get perfect boiled basmati rice everytime"? its driving me insane  angry , happy new year

Likes (0)

#678 Mon 31 Dec 12 8:43pm

jennya1

Hi my son is allergic to dairy, egg, fish, nuts and sesame seeds and every year i bake him a cake and instead of egg I use soya milk and soya butter so he doesnt feel left out but it doesnt rise. Is this because i dont use egg? and do u have an another reciepe i could use. Also do u do a book on dairy free recipies?

Thanks

Likes (0)

#679 Mon 31 Dec 12 8:55pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

hi jennya1
Welcome. to jamies forum...can I ask how old your son is ?? littleuns often grow out of childhood allergies...

Likes (0)

#680 Tue 01 Jan 13 10:30am

jennya1

he i 9 tomorrow unfortunately had allergies sincehe was 10 months so not very likely. Been trying for years to bake a cake for him and it comes out wrong.

Likes (0)