Jamie Oliver

forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#4311 Fri 21 Dec 12 2:45am

cook11uk

Member since Fri 21 Dec 12

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Hi all, just joined today - big fan of yours Jamie.  Today had a trial run with the Get Ahead Gravy recipe - loved it. 

Enjoying the the series filmed on Southend Pier with Jimmy - not far from my hometown.

Likes (0)

#4312 Sat 22 Dec 12 11:44pm

debraleah.lansdownesorenson

Member since Sat 22 Dec 12

Greetings Jamie and all. I have just joined today and don't know a lot yet but I am very excited about joining. Thank you Jamie for all the tips you have given me over the years and look forward to learning a lot more from you.

Lanson  :-)

Likes (0)

#4313 Mon 24 Dec 12 6:24pm

Anjou

Member since Mon 24 Dec 12

Hi,

Superfoodray, when I saw your post I knew I was meant to find this forum and join as I too was 50 on the 17th December.

I am a full time worker, the mother of four under 18 and my elderly Mum lives with me too, so hobbies are home based - hence I love to cook. I just wish all would eat the same at the same time :-/

Anjou

Likes (0)

#4314 Thu 27 Dec 12 7:22pm

ambie

Occupation Busy mum
From Wiltshire
Member since Wed 26 Dec 12

Hello Jamie and everybody!
I joined the site yesterday-boxing day and I'm looking forward to joining in with the forums and posting blogs (I've wanted to do this for ages but have never got round to it). I am a mum to 3 children, work part time and have a passion for cooking, baking and all things homemade! I am a huge Jamie fan as it is all practical everyday cooking which is great, especially when you are cooking for children, (I also love all the products too, I'm a regular Jamie at home party goer and I'm slowing collecting them for my home!)

I look forward to chatting with everyone and please look out for my blog (to help me get started!) Thank you!
smile  smile

Likes (0)

#4315 Sat 29 Dec 12 12:25pm

PhilCor

Member since Mon 14 Nov 11

Hi we have eaten in j-italian in Oxford, Cambridge and Edinburgh. Loved them all.
Love Italian food. So pleased to hear that the Aberdeen restaurant is about to open.
We live in Aberdeen so it will be a regular venue for us!!

Phil

Likes (0)

#4316 Mon 31 Dec 12 9:38pm

Simplyliving

From Hoyt, New Brunswick
Member since Sun 30 Dec 12

Hello there everyone,
This is to tell you a little about our simple life.  Love cooking and growing our own food.  Living life simply.  We have a small hobby farm here in New Brunswick Canada.  We started our adventure going on 4 years now. Sold our large home and downsize to a smaller one, which was built by my dh.  Lived in a shed 20X12 which 16 X 12 (3 of us live in while home being built for about 2 months, me, my dh and 80 year old mother in law, who is a real trooper).  Cooked on a camp fire stove and barbeque.  We used coolers, lugged water ,shower outside,washed on a wash board.  Let me tell you this is an adventure itself and makes you appreciate the finer things in life.   To date we have had a very large garden, (Freeze and bottle our own), raised 2 pigs (dh says never again), meat kings (roasting chickens, this has been a good venture for us), Turkeys (5 this year and another good venture), and of course our lovely ladies ,28 laying hens for our lovely eggs which everyone loves.  (These are my dh ladies).  We started this venture to be self sufficent and are on our way.  This has been hard work however well worth it.  Living the simple life and loving it.  wink

Last edited by Simplyliving (Mon 31 Dec 12 9:41pm)

Likes (0)

#4317 Wed 02 Jan 13 12:00pm

joharris

Member since Wed 02 Jan 13

Hi All,
Just made my first ever Jamie Oliver recipe and I am in love.  Have always watched your shows but never cooked any.  Made the salsa verde and placed it on warm potatoe, just loved it.  So easy and quick.

thumbsup

Likes (0)

#4318 Wed 02 Jan 13 2:51pm

linguatrix

Member since Wed 02 Jan 13

Halloechen,

I live in Montreal and am a big fan of digestible food and elevensies. In my real life I'm an English teach who enjoys cooking to chill out at the end of the day. Watching Jamie jazz up British cooking and its rep has been a real treat. My friends and my favourite and only daughter and I checked out La Maison Publique when it opened in Montreal in October. Thumbs way up on the atmosphere, service and salads! More bites and fewer meals might be a good idea.

Bon appetit!

linguatrix

Likes (0)

#4319 Wed 09 Jan 13 2:07am

jceniah

Member since Wed 09 Jan 13

Hey Jamie! My dream is to become one of the best chefs there ever was, just like you! I want to be like you someday! I'm from Philippines and Filipino(our) cuisine has nothing much to offer, not like other cuisines that have a wide range of variety and techniques. And I want that to change. Your videos and recipes give me a wide scope  I need for better cooking. thumbsup 
Thanks and I wish I can meet you someday! Keep it up! clap

Likes (0)

#4320 Sun 13 Jan 13 7:30pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

reported ...again...this idiot bot should have been banned by your moderators...it wouldn't happen on "other" sites...why is it allowed here???

Likes (0)