forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Wed 29 Dec 10 5:53pm

manjari

Occupation Project Manager
From Shanghai
Member since Wed 29 Dec 10

Dear Mr.Jamie Oliver, will you come to China by any chances?

Dear Mr.Jamie Oliver,

My name is Manjari from Shanghai China. I am totally inspired by your passions and loves of food since I've watched one episode of your TV shows on our local travel channel two years ago. And your receipts, your life attitudes and ways of cooking are always be my top topics with friends around me.

Would it be possible for you and fresh one production to have a documentary series of "Jamie and Chinese cuisine" or " A great wok in China" something like that? That will be a great influence to all of us here. Since you know there's huge differences of food culture backgrounds between Europe and China, as you know more and more Chinese would like to spend money on food, eating at restaurant but they do not often or rarely cook at home or with families. To be honest, most of Chinese are more and more frustrated and cold in Shanghai, they work hard, money is the priority and it is the forever topic... I just hope you can transfer your passions of food and attitude of life to all of us somehow. It may sound big and abstract but I wish you can come here and have a look what's going on in Chinese food.

Hope this message finds you well.
Merry Christmas and happy new year in advance.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon. smile

Yours sincerely,
Manjari MENG
manjari220atgmaildoccom

Likes (0)

#2 Tue 30 Aug 11 10:25am

olivelu

Member since Tue 30 Aug 11

Re: Dear Mr.Jamie Oliver, will you come to China by any chances?

Jamie, you should definitely come to Shanghai!! If it truely happens, I'd like to open my kitchen for you mrgreen

btw, I'm a friend of Manjari, another fans, and I think her email address should be manjari220atgmaildotcom

Wenwen

Likes (0)

#3 Mon 13 Feb 12 12:39pm

flowergoo

Member since Mon 13 Feb 12

Hi, Manjari,
This is a great idea. I like Jamie and looking forward to seeing him in China.  big_smile

Likes (0)

#4 Mon 31 Dec 12 5:58am

FatJ

Member since Mon 31 Dec 12

I think that Jamie need more sponsors.
Actually, the real chinese food just in China Mainland only, different coastal provinces, different culture, I think it's really hard for Jamie.  think

Likes (0)

#5 Mon 31 Dec 12 10:11pm

@nGoose1

Forum champ
Occupation Shop worker/KP/ Commis chef
From UK/Germany
Member since Wed 28 Oct 09

Jamie goes east, that would be cool. Loved Gordonís Eastern trips. The books are superb. I would also like to see Jamie in China.
That said  Ken Hom and Ching-He Huang were amazing to watch in China. Ken is the daddy of Chinese, well for us westerners anyway.
Come on Jamie knock up some Chinese for us. Hey the new Mag has Chinese food in it with Ken Hom.
Itís well worth buying, the Winter favourites recipe book is a real winner.

Likes (0)

#6 Wed 02 Jan 13 4:38am

FatJ

Member since Mon 31 Dec 12

@nGoose1 wrote:

Jamie goes east, that would be cool. Loved Gordonís Eastern trips. The books are superb. I would also like to see Jamie in China.
That said  Ken Hom and Ching-He Huang were amazing to watch in China. Ken is the daddy of Chinese, well for us westerners anyway.
Come on Jamie knock up some Chinese for us. Hey the new Mag has Chinese food in it with Ken Hom.
Itís well worth buying, the Winter favourites recipe book is a real winner.

Is it mean jamie should play fusion or crossover? I think it's help for food revolution.

Likes (0)