forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#681 Tue 01 Jan 13 11:34am

mariskatitia

Member since Tue 01 Jan 13

Re: Ask me a cooking question

In alot of your recipes you use coriander, i have tried it several times, but i hate the taste of it. I have found that many people suffer from this, you either love it or hate it..
Is there a herb that i can use instead of coriander?

Likes (0)

#682 Tue 01 Jan 13 11:50am

hippytea

Occupation Chief cook and bottle-washer
From Scotland
Member since Mon 12 Sep 11

jennya1: there should be plenty of eggless cake recipes out there. Some use vinegar to make them rise - there are various methods to replace the rising effect of the egg. But you need to use a specific eggless cake recipe, don't try and adapt an existing cake recipe, as cake chemistry is complicated and it will go wrong.

Google "eggless cake", or better, "vegan cake," as that will be both egg and dairy free. I've eaten some fabulous vegan cakes, though I've never made one myself.

Likes (0)

#683 Wed 02 Jan 13 12:23am

jennya1

Member since Mon 31 Dec 12

ok thanks i will try that

Likes (0)

#684 Wed 02 Jan 13 11:13am

WeeGee

Occupation Nagging Mum
From Melbourne
Member since Wed 02 Jan 13

Hi, wondering if the homecooker recipe book will be expanded on. I'd really like to know basic stuff to make in it as well as the amazing recipes I've already followed. The homecooker comes with pasta and rice inserts, but nothing in the book tells you how long to set timer and how hot to have it either. Please help.. help

Likes (0)

#685 Wed 02 Jan 13 11:23am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

WeeGee wrote:

Hi, wondering if the homecooker recipe book will be expanded on. I'd really like to know basic stuff to make in it as well as the amazing recipes I've already followed. The homecooker comes with pasta and rice inserts, but nothing in the book tells you how long to set timer and how hot to have it either. Please help.. help

Hi WeeGee and welcome to the forums.

Suggest you contact the customer service department of the manufacturer of the appliance with these questions. There's usually a toll-free number in the instruction booklet.

Look forward to seeing you around the forums smile

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#686 Wed 02 Jan 13 11:23pm

WeeGee

Occupation Nagging Mum
From Melbourne
Member since Wed 02 Jan 13

Hi, thanks for that I'll have a look for some numbers and give them a call, never even thought of that.  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#687 Thu 03 Jan 13 2:45am

lilybear4ever

Member since Thu 03 Jan 13

Help!! what can I use instead of cranberries in sauces, relishes and all recipes that have these in. I am unable to have them due to health problems sad

Likes (0)

#688 Thu 03 Jan 13 8:41am

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Lilybear...Try redcurrants...

Likes (0)

#689 Thu 03 Jan 13 10:26am

cookiesandtea

This isn't really a question on a recipe, but does anyone know what type of fridge Jamie uses in 30 Minute Meals (particularly that episode on Macaroni Bake)? I've been looking around but no one seems to know. Thanks!

Likes (0)

#690 Thu 03 Jan 13 12:33pm

lilybear4ever

thanks I wil try them

Likes (0)