Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

To Dispel Myths about Contagion and to Help Prevent Illness

Likes (0)

#2 Sun 06 Jan 13 12:04am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

Re: To Dispel Myths about Contagion and to Help Prevent Illness

great advice on there..   The handwashing is so important just to stop the spread of flu even.. This year is looking to be a very bad flu season.

20 secs  is what is recommended for how long you need to wash /rinse in the running water.  .. singing happy birthday twice in your head is a good mnemonic

that doesn't include the time spent lathering and scrubbing fingertips and under nails.

if for whatever reason there is no soap around, remember that 20 secs with just running water is almost as effective as soap and water.

Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or a cook.  { cowboy saying}
    Likes (0)

#3 Sun 06 Jan 13 12:13am

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

.....a little late...I have the flu...just in time for my 4 day weekend..... sad

Likes (0)

#4 Sun 06 Jan 13 12:35am

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

So many are down with flu and norovirus, apparently it was really bad in the U.K. recently and some feel it is ok to cook for others if you've been on meds for a couple of days, not really.

Feel better everyone!  Wash your hands and don't spread it.

Last edited by MsPablo (Sun 06 Jan 13 12:36am)

Likes (0)

#5 Sun 06 Jan 13 12:36am

abdullahcohn

Forum champ
Occupation Occupied
From My House
Member since Fri 11 Nov 05

We all had that in my house. Well all except for my first born son(the ill one).
My wife was away (huj) and I was home with the kids.  The baby caught it first, lots of vomiting and dirty nappies. Then just as he got better I got it. I was feeling OK. I was eating a big bag of crispts when I started feeling really hot. And then I felt sick. I went to the bathroom, nothing happened. As I walked away from the sink, woshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh in to the bath tub. Wow, I didn't know I had all that stuff in me. And then, as I walked to the sink to wash up, wosh in the bath tub again. Wow, I didn't know I had that much once, but twice?

And then I walked out the bathroom. Went to the kitchen, and no time to go back to the bathroom, Wosh in to the kitchen sink. Wow. Yikes. I better wash up, so was about to walk back in to the bathroom, but wosh again in to the kitchen sink!!!!
Well that was it, 4 times in as many minutes!

When my wife got back, she caught it at the same time as my daughter. But she did it next to the bed. When I started cleaning it my daughter did it in her bed room, and again on the stairs. Wow so much to clean and only me to do it sad.
So unfair I had to be home when she was ill and she wasn't when I was ill?

So family of 5. 4 got it.  thumbsup But not the one who is ill.  lol

Likes (0)

#6 Sun 06 Jan 13 4:00pm

minerva

Forum champ
Occupation Walking the Old Ways
From Living in the Wild Woods
Member since Wed 16 Jan 08

MsPablo wrote:

So many are down with flu and norovirus, apparently it was really bad in the U.K. recently and some feel it is ok to cook for others if you've been on meds for a couple of days, not really.

Feel better everyone!  Wash your hands and don't spread it.

I discovered yesterday that a neighbour who lives on her own has had 'flu over the whole Christmas period (& still has a severe chest infection), none of the other neighbours knew either.
It worries me not that she preferred to be alone whilst so ill, but that she didn't let anyone know despite having my number.
We don't just have a duty to take care of others, but to take care of ourselves too............I have really pelted into her about not telling me. If anything had happened to her & she hadn't been found in time, I would have felt really dreadful.

Likes (0)