Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#721 Thu 31 Jan 13 11:55am

Jamies-Ministry

Member
Occupation Freelance photographer
From Bushey
Member since Thu 09 Apr 09

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Jamie would you consider please writing a book for those with allergies like gluten, dairy, wheat etc
smile
or perhaps a mini series on tv
i am 1 of those people with such allergies.
tnx J
Rock & Roll  clap

    Likes (0)

#722 Thu 31 Jan 13 1:04pm

patrikilus

Member
Member since Mon 14 Jan 13

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Hi Jamie,
I am 21 years old and come from Germany. I believe that I have been your first Tv follow no missed. I cook for every free minute recipes from you.
Currently I'm studying, but I am very unhappy. I'd rather be with you cook together and explore the culinary cultures of the world. It would be my dream if you would contact me.

Best wishes and hope to see you soon
Patrick

    Likes (0)

#723 Thu 31 Jan 13 3:26pm

kathrine pelosi

Member
Occupation student
From Edinburgh
Member since Wed 30 Jan 13

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Hey everyone I know you are all really busy with things but for my Product Design project at University I want to understand the frustrations you face when going for food shops. At the moment I want to redesign the personal shopping trolley that you see the older generation with but I am aiming to understand how I could modernize it and take away the social stigma of them being specifically aimed at the elderly.

I would be ever so grateful


Kathrine

    Likes (0)

#724 Thu 31 Jan 13 3:34pm

Thistledo

Member
Occupation Retired something or other
From English immigrant in S. Wales
Member since Fri 07 Dec 12

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Hello kathrine and welcome to the forum.

I don't know where you are but I think you maybe referring to the wheelchair friendly trolley, where the wheelchair is fixed to the trolley.  If you mean the ordinary trolley, which is pushed along, it is definitely not designed with the elderly in mind.  They are used by all ages, depending on how much shopping they're getting.

Can you be more explicit in your description, please?

    Likes (0)

#725 Thu 31 Jan 13 3:39pm

kathrine pelosi

Member
Occupation student
From Edinburgh
Member since Wed 30 Jan 13

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Thistledo wrote:

Hello kathrine and welcome to the forum.

I don't know where you are but I think you maybe referring to the wheelchair friendly trolley, where the wheelchair is fixed to the trolley.  If you mean the ordinary trolley, which is pushed along, it is definitely not designed with the elderly in mind.  They are used by all ages, depending on how much shopping they're getting.

Can you be more explicit in your description, please?

Hi there I am from Edinburgh

I am specifically looking at making the portable personal shopping trolleys modern and accessible to all ages not just the elderly. My mom who is only 45 finds it difficult to carry her shopping home with her, the shopping trolley would be beneficial to use but they look so granny ish.

Hope this helps, thank you for getting in touch with me

    Likes (0)

#726 Thu 31 Jan 13 7:19pm

cookdoc

Member
Member since Wed 30 Jan 13

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Hey Jamie. I'm a newbee to cooking, so I apologize for dumb questions.
When making recipes that call for canned tomatoes (doing a lot of Italian lately, and no fresh toms available) whether whole, chopped or crushed, many (not you) don't specify whether to reserve and use, or the toss out the juice or liquod that also comes in the can. Any advice?

Also, check out cool vegetarian/vegan blog "Let The Good In."

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

cookdoc

    Likes (0)

#727 Thu 31 Jan 13 7:25pm

Thistledo

Member
Occupation Retired something or other
From English immigrant in S. Wales
Member since Fri 07 Dec 12

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Kathrine, I'm afraid the normal shopping trolleys are not designed for vanity but for practical purposes.  Are you sure it's not you that think the trolleys are 'grannyish' and not your mother?

The trolleys go through a lot of wear and tear during the course of their lives and under constant repair, so whatever you designed, it would have to be very strong and hardy.

Good luck with your project.

    Likes (0)

#728 Thu 31 Jan 13 8:14pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Re: Ask me a cooking question

cookdoc wrote:

Hey Jamie. I'm a newbee to cooking, so I apologize for dumb questions.
When making recipes that call for canned tomatoes (doing a lot of Italian lately, and no fresh toms available) whether whole, chopped or crushed, many (not you) don't specify whether to reserve and use, or the toss out the juice or liquod that also comes in the can. Any advice?

Also, check out cool vegetarian/vegan blog "Let The Good In."

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

cookdoc

Thanks for joining...a whole thread about tinned tomatoes...


http://www.jamieoliver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=79489

    Likes (0)

#729 Thu 31 Jan 13 8:50pm

kathrine pelosi

Member
Occupation student
From Edinburgh
Member since Wed 30 Jan 13

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Hi there I am from Edinburgh

I am specifically looking at making the portable personal shopping trolleys modern and accessible to all ages not just the elderly. My mom who is only 45 finds it difficult to carry her shopping home with her, the shopping trolley would be beneficial to use but they look so granny ish.

Hope this helps, thank you for getting in touch with me

    Likes (0)

#730 Thu 31 Jan 13 8:56pm

kathrine pelosi

Member
Occupation student
From Edinburgh
Member since Wed 30 Jan 13

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Thistledo wrote:

Kathrine, I'm afraid the normal shopping trolleys are not designed for vanity but for practical purposes.  Are you sure it's not you that think the trolleys are 'grannyish' and not your mother?

The trolleys go through a lot of wear and tear during the course of their lives and under constant repair, so whatever you designed, it would have to be very strong and hardy.

Good luck with your project.

Thank you for getting in touch with me, just trying to make carrying your shopping home trendy and stylish but also thinking about improving the trolley so i think you are right, they would have to be very strong and hardy so the consumer is getting good value for money.

Thank you for giving your opinion

    Likes (0)

Powered by PunBB.