forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Wed 16 Jan 13 8:26pm

healthyeatinguk

Member since Tue 15 Jan 13

healthyeatingtipsuk.com

Hello,

I've got a website going as I thought it would be a good idea to create a place where members of the public could write their own articles and give their own advice and tips about healthy eating that differs slightly for the generic forum. If your just interested in viewing then visit www.healthyeatingtipsuk.com or if you'd like to offer your words of wisdom then please get in contact.

Thanks,

Likes (0)

#2 Wed 16 Jan 13 8:29pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Re: healthyeatingtipsuk.com

I always find a certain brand of chopped,tinned meat to be healthy...for some reason I can't remember what it's called......
.oh yes,,,,spam.

Likes (0)

#3 Wed 16 Jan 13 8:38pm

healthyeatinguk

Maybe you should take a look at the website then and create an article about this "healthy" spam ;-P. Or maybe I'm just trying to create a community that can build and share articles, tips and advice on a main website, rather than a generic forum :-).

Last edited by healthyeatinguk (Wed 16 Jan 13 8:38pm)

Likes (0)

#4 Wed 16 Jan 13 8:42pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k

Pfffft...sounds to me like you are just "piggybacking" off Jamie... tongue

Likes (0)

#5 Wed 16 Jan 13 8:46pm

healthyeatinguk

Not really, this is a food forum, so thought I'd find people here that would be interested in contributing, and to be the author of their own articles rather than just whats published by the owner/admin of the website.

Likes (0)

#6 Wed 16 Jan 13 8:49pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k

Ah well. I might have misjudged you...just that your first post was link to your own site.....

Talking of healthy eating...dinner is ready.... kiss

Likes (0)

#7 Wed 16 Jan 13 8:50pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

It is a forum, meaning that people come here to contribute and interact.  This doesn't mean that it is wrong to bring people's attention to a blog outside of the forum, but to come here and have your only posts be self-promotion of your website which is loaded with advertising, well that isn't quite in the spirit of participating in a forum really.

Likes (0)

#8 Wed 16 Jan 13 8:54pm

healthyeatinguk

There are adverts yes, just like any website. But I don't make any money or anything off them, they are purely there for people's interest. If it doesn't interest you then don't click on them, it doesn't make the slightest difference. All I'm interested is the website and trying to bring a different-ish idea to the table that people might be interested in.

Likes (0)

#9 Thu 17 Jan 13 1:32pm

Pakman

Forum champ
From Estonia
Member since Tue 06 Oct 09

I'm not sure why you think your website is different. Forget about the premise of "healthy eating" for the moment. Boiled down it just a site with ads and a store which means it's some sort of venture to generate money/income. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that!

In my opinion, your site is like hundreds or who knows millions of others jumping on the "health" bandwagon to make a buck. If your looking for content, just say your looking for content. Maybe someone has an interest in doing that.

If you have something to say on the subject that people would be interested in maybe you should try what Ray Drummond did.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ree_Drummo … man.com.29

After six years she got books, her own TV show and still the blog with a following. Oh and no ads wink
http://thepioneerwoman.com/

Likes (0)