forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#4211 Sat 19 Jan 13 4:40am

WheelieFoodChik

Occupation ex-Avon Representative(though not for long, I hope), Online Student
From Rocky Mount, NC, United States
Member since Sat 05 Jun 10

Re: Website/forum: issues and complaints?

Ms.P,
Umm, who's this Constance person? Lol

As for Candance, she's been through a few bad things and back to dealing with school(details in blog), says thanks for the compliment and thinks it great to see you too.

Oh my goodness! It's been a while since somebody messed up name THAT bad!

When I find Constance, I'll tell her you said "Hi!" lol

Last edited by WheelieFoodChik (Sat 19 Jan 13 4:41am)

Likes (0)

#4212 Sat 19 Jan 13 2:18pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

lol Sorry!  She was a character in a P.G. Wodehouse book!  That is how my brain works at times or doesn't work!

I'll check out your blog.  Be good!

eta:  Merlin, now I can get the pulldown menu.  Must be how hard I'm pressing the buttons. tongue

Last edited by MsPablo (Sat 19 Jan 13 2:21pm)

Likes (0)

#4213 Sat 19 Jan 13 2:35pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Ashen wrote:

the file size requirements are a bit ridiculous .. with the high  quality of photos taken now even on smartphones, getting down to 10kb   with the software most people have is a chore.

I have to agree with Ashen posting photos is areal chore and takes simply ages, I have loads of blog photos that need to be posted but sizing them is such an issue that I have to get up the courage to try .
When I do I try to resize several times before it is accepted ... It's a real pain !

When the blogs started the the cameras only had a small amount of mega pixels in size now as Ashen points out even smart phones have a far greater quality.

Sites like Instagram , Flicker and Facebook allow the photos to be posted easily and without all the fuss that we seem to have to go through to post a photo onto the blogs.

Is there anyway that this can be improved to allow greater quality pictures with a higher megapixel please .

Likes (0)

#4214 Sat 19 Jan 13 3:49pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me

The image I used was from my old digital camera and is antiquated in terms of detail and bytes compared to my new camera and I still had a size issue with my new avatar.  It's not even a level of bytes that would be normal for 6 years ago. smile

Likes (0)

#4215 Sat 19 Jan 13 4:54pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

MsPablo wrote:

The image I used was from my old digital camera and is antiquated in terms of detail and bytes compared to my new camera and I still had a size issue with my new avatar.  It's not even a level of bytes that would be normal for 6 years ago. smile

I had to zoom in to even see what it is....

Now where is that "Specsavers" leaflet...

Likes (0)

#4216 Sat 19 Jan 13 5:10pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me

I know, it's a rather dark image when viewed that size.  It's the face of the Reclining Buddha in the Palace complex in Bangkok, Thailand.  That was an amazing experience and I just loved that sculpture, but it maybe doesn't work so well as an avatar.

I'll let Merlin catch his breath before I bug him to change it again. tongue

Likes (0)

#4217 Sun 20 Jan 13 6:55pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

foodwise nostalgia

I keep thinking back to the images of forumer's lunch on the main page and with its recipe on foodwise

Likes (0)

#4218 Mon 21 Jan 13 10:13am

Merlin

Occupation Editorial assistant/general online chap
From London
Member since Wed 24 Oct 12

Merlin, you look quite nice in your new photo as well.  I hate to even ask, but when I try the 'Recipe' option at the top of the page, the pull-down menu isn't forthcoming.  If it's my fault, delete this message before MrP sees it, Ok?  Thanks!  @Merlin #WishI knewWhatIWasDoingMoreOften#ButI'mHopeless . . . M

Haha, thank you MrsP!

Are you talking about the recipe button beneath the main JO.com header in the top left-hand corner?

Also if you'd like me to change your avatar then fire away!

Likes (0)

#4219 Mon 21 Jan 13 10:15am

Merlin

Occupation Editorial assistant/general online chap
From London
Member since Wed 24 Oct 12

I've also noted your comments about file sizes everyone - thank you for your thoughts.

Likes (0)

#4220 Tue 22 Jan 13 8:53am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

great job with the spambots btw whatever you and eric came up with seems to have turned the trick.  smile

Last edited by Ashen (Tue 22 Jan 13 8:53am)

The Universe is alive and self aware. 
Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)