forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sat 29 Sep 12 9:54pm

dhartley

Occupation Office Wallah
From Yorkshire / E Sussex
Member since Thu 15 Mar 12

Accidental culinary wins!

I made some pesto the other day but didnt whizz down the basil enough so it ended up with a lot of excess oily butter in the bottom of the container. However, having set in the fridge, I now have loads of pesto butter that tastes great spread on toast. Result! Any similar experiences?

Likes (0)

#2 Wed 06 Feb 13 1:34am

@nGoose1

Forum champ
Occupation Shop worker/KP/ Commis chef
From UK/Germany
Member since Wed 28 Oct 09

Re: Accidental culinary wins!

Most of my accidents, go wrong, some things are forgiving French/German dessert, Bavoire for instance. The egg white at the end can save the day if the other stages donít quiet gel. Get it right though and its a real winner. I added homemade pistachio paste to the last one, it was not right. A sieve was needed, but it still came out nice, not enough pistachio flavouring, but the vanilla in the custard made for a nice end result.

Likes (0)

#3 Wed 06 Feb 13 7:59pm

RedfoxEstonia

Forum champ
Occupation museum guide in Tallinn Seaplane Hangars
From Tallinn, Estonia
Member since Tue 16 Mar 10

cinnamon in carrot salad, I did it by accident but it appears it is very common and then raisins are added as well. I did not have those. but grated carrot with orange juice and cinnamon is really good.

Likes (0)

#4 Thu 07 Feb 13 3:35pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

RedfoxEstonia wrote:

cinnamon in carrot salad, I did it by accident but it appears it is very common and then raisins are added as well. I did not have those. but grated carrot with orange juice and cinnamon is really good.

grated carrot with orange juice and cinnamon mmmmm must try that big_smile

Likes (0)