Likes (0)

#22 Sat 09 Feb 13 10:02pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Re: Stand Mixer Help Needed

MsPablo wrote:

I have the pasta attachments - roller, cutter for a couple of types of pasta for the KitchenAid which are nice.  For ravioli, I simply roll out sheets and either fill and cut them by hand or use a small mold that makes perfect small circular ravioli shapes.

But, if you have a separate pasta roller, it may not be worth purchasing one for the KitchenAid.  The big difference is that it leaves one hand free.

What about Hobart or some of the other names one sees in commercial kitchens?  I don't recall ever seeing KitchenAid in a commercial kitchen.

I have ordered the (?) same pasta set, MsP and I do as do you for stuffed pasta. I do have a separate (free-standing) pasta roller but ordered the KA attachment for the reason that you gave.

The (human) catering and "personal cheffing" is done on-site- either (not often) the client's corporate kitchen or (mainly) their home. I do have the option of using friends' or relatives' commercial (restaurant) kitchens if they are free (many restaurants here are only open Thurs-Sat) but I've never had the need/option so far. The Kenwood did the job and I hope the commercial KitchenAid will be up to it, too  crossed

Hold that thought, Bentpenny  wink

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#23 Sun 10 Feb 13 4:37am

frizz1974

Forum super champ
Occupation Mother of 2 working more than full time
From Wallerawang, Oz
Member since Wed 29 Jun 05

MsPablo wrote:

Sounds like you should have a look at commercial grade machines if you're using it for your business and for that, I can't help you, but I wouldn't recommend a home machine for constant use and large-scale production.

There is a kitchen aid that is reccomended for commercial uses. It is the one that doesn't tilt. 

Search "kitchen aid stand mixer professional". That's the one Ashen purchased when I was still drooling over them online.  I bought the tilt head model as the other was a fraction too tall for where I needed mine to live in my kitchen.

The bowl sits on arms off the stem of the machine that are levered up & down whereas on mine the head has its own lever.

Likes (0)

#24 Sun 10 Feb 13 6:22am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

That's the one I ordered, Frizz smile

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)