Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Sat 09 Feb 13 3:47pm

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

Re: Blizzard 2013

I'm doing good. No power outage just massive snow outside my door.  I cleared snow every 2 hours off of my patio until I went to bed....glad I did or I'd have 3 foot of snow out there.  Working on making a path to the car.....Snow up to my windows of my apartment.

Likes (0)

#12 Sat 09 Feb 13 8:28pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Keep safe all. We have had a lot of snow this year but nothing like you.

On my way home yesterday an icy blizzard fell, it snowed during the night and melted in no time. We have been informed that more is expected tonight.

Likes (0)

#13 Sat 09 Feb 13 8:30pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

cohphanta wrote:

I'm doing good. No power outage just massive snow outside my door.  I cleared snow every 2 hours off of my patio until I went to bed....glad I did or I'd have 3 foot of snow out there.  Working on making a path to the car.....Snow up to my windows of my apartment.

I saw your pics Coconut. I hope that you are able to get out if needed!

Likes (0)

#14 Sat 09 Feb 13 10:06pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Glad you're OK, Coco. Connecticut and MA seem to have been badly hit from what I've read.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#15 Sat 09 Feb 13 10:19pm

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

We had about 32 inches fall.  I shoveled a path so I can get Lucy out and to get to my car. It is suppose to snow more later tonight.....

Likes (0)

#16 Sun 10 Feb 13 4:46am

frizz1974

Forum super champ
Occupation Mother of 2 working more than full time
From Wallerawang, Oz
Member since Wed 29 Jun 05

Gosh. Everywhere seems to be copping it with the weather...

Stay safe, ESP try to avoid driving in these conditions.

I wrecked my car in a hailstorm here recently. There was a dip in the road filled with water & 10mm hailstones. Aquaplaned into the barrier, and skidded sideways, no clue how I missed all those other cars, trucks etc or how they missed me.. Just so glad not to have injured anyone...  Scary stuff.

Stay safe, warm & dry my friends...

Likes (0)

#17 Sun 10 Feb 13 9:35am

Miss GlutenFree

Occupation Admin Officer & Mum
From Queensland, Australia
Member since Sun 14 Mar 10

Coco - hope you start to get some relief from all that snow shortly!
Frizz - are you ok? I can't imagine how scary that would have been aquaplanning...

I am in Bundaberg, Queesland where we have been hit by the worst flood in the town/city's history so am aware of how insane the weather has been of late. The Burnett Rivier peaked at 9.53m which is well and trully above the 7.57m it got to in 2010.

All I can say is that I have never been so glad for the things that I have. Seeing hundreds of people displaced and sharing everything makes you so glad for a warm bed in your own room, a toilet that works and a nice hot shower you don't have to wait in line hours to use.

Likes (0)

#18 Sun 10 Feb 13 11:12pm

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Hi Miss GlutenFree, It was such shocking floods where you are! I am so glad that you and your home are safe, but I feel so sorry for everyone dealing with the sticking sludge left by the water, and the weeks and months and years to recover.

Likes (0)