forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sun 24 Feb 13 1:57pm

emese.andre

Member since Sun 24 Feb 13

dear all

Hello everyone! I'm a Hungarian housewife and I'm here to gather and swap ideas to amaze (is there such a word in English?!) my family: my husband and my 18 month-old son. We love spenidng time together and cooking is a "family hobby". smile
Hungarian cuisine is said (and supposed) to be fine: bit spicy  but full of excellent dishes! Hope to give and get good tips!
PS:Sorry for any misspellings!

Likes (0)

#2 Sun 24 Feb 13 2:14pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: dear all

welcome to the forum emese.andre  smile

We had a lovely week in Budapest a couple of years ago and have plans to return there before too long , I agree the hungarian cuisine that we had was good, we ate out most of the time as we were on holiday .
There was an amazing food market in Budapest and upstairs there were cafes , I remember wating the little dumplings which were a bit like irregular slaped tiny pieces of pasta type dough , I think they get refered to as 'pinched dumplings' .
I would like to know a good recipe for making those if you have the time to write it down here on the forum.

What I noticed about the hungarian food is that there were a lot of peppers used in it , not so much hot peppers but the milder pepper that is eaten as a vegetable.

Maybe you could start a thread about Hungarian food , I think we would all be interested.

Likes (0)

#3 Sun 24 Feb 13 2:51pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

It's nice to have you here on the forum.  I loved visiting Budapest - great people, place and food, amazing place really.

Likes (0)

#4 Sun 24 Feb 13 5:25pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

ciao  from Friuli emese.andre and welcome with your enthusiasm. I often think many tips in my family recipes have something hungarian, such as adding raisins to codfish recipe, I ate as child but did only once for my husband.

Have a nice time feeding your beautiful family and share tips with us big_smile wave

Last edited by Grandmadamada (Sun 24 Feb 13 5:25pm)

Likes (0)

#5 Mon 25 Feb 13 9:17am

Sandy

Forum champ
From Durban South Africa
Member since Thu 24 Jun 04

Hi and welcome.

Likes (0)

#6 Mon 25 Feb 13 7:07pm

BritFinn

Forum champ
Occupation Opiskelija
From Finland
Member since Thu 26 Aug 10

Welcome to the forums  smile

Likes (0)

#7 Tue 26 Feb 13 10:25am

Merlin

Occupation Editorial assistant/general online chap
From London
Member since Wed 24 Oct 12

Welcome! Let me know if I can help at all - I daresay everyone will make you feel comfortable, however.

Likes (0)

#8 Tue 26 Feb 13 4:40pm

ANN

Forum champ
From North Carolina
Member since Thu 15 Jul 04

Welcome to JO's!

Likes (0)

#9 Fri 08 Mar 13 2:41pm

Maree

Forum super champ