Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#911 Fri 01 Mar 13 4:02pm

TiaThompson

Member since Fri 01 Mar 13

Re: Ask me a cooking question

I am making Mahi mahi  tonight with a mango, pepper & green onion sauce. Could you give me some advice on what to serve with it as a side dish. I was thinking of a mushroom risooto but not sure maybe a salad of some kind

Likes (0)

#912 Sat 02 Mar 13 2:30pm

Zees

Member since Sat 02 Mar 13

Hi Jamie. I'm having a dinner party and need a starter to complement your barbecued lamb lollipops with spiked hummous nuts?
Regards Zees  think

Likes (0)

#913 Sun 03 Mar 13 2:57am

Pellen

Member since Sun 03 Mar 13

Hi! In one of your programs "Jamie's 30-Minute Meals" you made a delicious pasta sauce of raw eggs and the pasta sauce got really softlooking whet you put the hot boiling pasta into the egg-pastasauce. I wonder if you remember this and if it is possible to have the recepie?
Sooooo greatful forever!!
Greetings Knut in Sweden

Last edited by Pellen (Sun 03 Mar 13 2:58am)

Likes (0)

#914 Sun 03 Mar 13 4:20am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

that sounds like Carbonara to me...    I am not sure which recipe he did in 30 min meals but this link is to 4 recipes with carbonara here the website.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/search/?q=carbonara

Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or a cook.  { cowboy saying}
    Likes (0)

#915 Sun 03 Mar 13 11:53am

ianleack

Member since Sun 03 Mar 13

Jamie Jamie Jamie, so frustrated. I have your books and watch all your programs (the best was the American School one) so I saved up to purchase your knives, a set of 5 in a wooden block. They were great at first, following all the rules to keep them sharpened I used the steel I have always used on my old knives for many years to keep them in tip top condition. I could not seem to keep them sharp so I went out to buy a good steel. There are lots of steels out there and I went into Bentalls in Kingston upon Thames (where you have a great restaurant by the way) and bought the Robert Welch one, could not wait to get home to sharpen my knives. I have been quite good at sharpening knives over the years but I tried and tried but I could not sharpen the knives, I tried the sharpener where you draw the knife over two small crossed steels but still no good. My friend the butcher of 35 years I though, great i'll ask him, no good still not as sharp as when I bought them. help me please. I want sharp puka knives.

Ian  sad  help

Likes (0)

#916 Tue 05 Mar 13 1:02pm

hippytea

Occupation Chief cook and bottle-washer
From Scotland
Member since Mon 12 Sep 11

I will never understand that kind of spam. It doesn't appear to mean anything at all.

Likes (0)

#917 Tue 05 Mar 13 1:19pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

hippytea wrote:

I will never understand that kind of spam. It doesn't appear to mean anything at all.

Me either and I object to having it eat into my download quota. Same/similar x3.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#918 Wed 06 Mar 13 10:54pm

munycy

Member since Wed 06 Mar 13

Hi, I want to ask for the recipe of Revolution Burger (if is not secret). Thank You, Have a nice day!

Likes (0)

#919 Thu 07 Mar 13 9:23am

Lauastjul

Member since Thu 07 Mar 13

Hi Jamie,
I love all your work and in my family all of us see your programs on VIAJAR BY CANAL+, so your recipes are all in spanish. Is there a way to read your web in spanish????? My english is so limited especially with vocavulari cooking, like ingredients or measurements. All the videos or recipes Ifoun by google are in english,

Thamks a lot for your answer big_smile

Likes (0)

#920 Thu 07 Mar 13 4:13pm

Sanj25

Member since Thu 07 Mar 13

Hi there what is the best way to cook your lamb soft when making a Indian curry as mine is alway tough! Do I need to keep it on low heat but when I do I keeps drying so I need to keep puttin in water what the best way

Likes (0)