Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#931 Wed 06 Mar 13 10:54pm

munycy

Member since Wed 06 Mar 13

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Hi, I want to ask for the recipe of Revolution Burger (if is not secret). Thank You, Have a nice day!

Likes (0)

#932 Thu 07 Mar 13 9:23am

Lauastjul

Member since Thu 07 Mar 13

Hi Jamie,
I love all your work and in my family all of us see your programs on VIAJAR BY CANAL+, so your recipes are all in spanish. Is there a way to read your web in spanish????? My english is so limited especially with vocavulari cooking, like ingredients or measurements. All the videos or recipes Ifoun by google are in english,

Thamks a lot for your answer big_smile

Likes (0)

#933 Thu 07 Mar 13 4:13pm

Sanj25

Hi there what is the best way to cook your lamb soft when making a Indian curry as mine is alway tough! Do I need to keep it on low heat but when I do I keeps drying so I need to keep puttin in water what the best way

Likes (0)

#934 Thu 07 Mar 13 4:48pm

christine.woodhouselynas

Stuck what to cook tonight. I have the basic larder supplies but in the fridge, I have the following...
- Butternut squash
- Baby fennel
- Peppers
- Courgettes
- Chestnut mushrooms

Any ideas guys? Want to make something other then roasted veg over pasta and sauce.
Ta x Chrissie x  big_smile

Likes (0)

#935 Thu 07 Mar 13 5:53pm

Zees

Member since Sat 02 Mar 13

Zees wrote:

Hi Jamie. I'm having a dinner party and need a starter to complement your barbecued lamb lollipops with spiked hummous nuts?
Regards Zees  think

Likes (0)

#936 Fri 08 Mar 13 10:41am

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

joobes wrote:

This Saturday i would like to have a go at making my own pizza.

Eh?

http://www.jamieoliver.com/forum/viewto … 13#p695413

Likes (0)

#937 Fri 08 Mar 13 11:03am

joobes

Forum champ
Occupation My OH and I own a new/secondhand bookshop.
From Somerset, England
Member since Wed 20 Feb 08

oops  oops

Likes (0)

#938 Fri 08 Mar 13 11:16am

Merlin

Occupation Editorial assistant/general online chap
From London
Member since Wed 24 Oct 12

christine.woodhouselynas wrote:

Stuck what to cook tonight. I have the basic larder supplies but in the fridge, I have the following...
- Butternut squash
- Baby fennel
- Peppers
- Courgettes
- Chestnut mushrooms

Any ideas guys? Want to make something other then roasted veg over pasta and sauce.
Ta x Chrissie x  big_smile

Hi Christine! Glad to see you made it over to the forums.

There's lots of different suggestions to be made for these ingredients (I hope there'll be some more offered) but if I were you I'd cut the butternut squash in half lengthways, dress lightly in olive oil and salt and dried chili and then roast at about 190°C, flesh side down until they're soft all the way through (you can roast the baby fennel with them too). Then you can scoop out the flesh and serve it mixed with diced onions and pepper etc - gorgeous. I'd maybe do a nice vegetable-filled sauce with the rest of the ingredients too (chop it all and fry in the bottom of a large pan until soft, and then maybe add tinned tomatoes or something?) and then serve that on top of/next to your roasted butternut squash.

Likes (0)

#939 Fri 08 Mar 13 4:55pm

Suzymac

Member since Fri 08 Mar 13

I have just tried twice to make Jamie Oliver's Banana and honey bread. Epic fail! The first time I followed the instructions to the letter and it turned out as a horrible mush and wasn't cooked hardly at all and didn't rise at all.  The I realized that the instructions in the recipe didn't say to warm the banana mix through to tepid.

This I did the second time and followed everything exactly.  it rose but not to double the size.  the second rising puffed up a tiny bit but nothing major.  After baking it the way the recipe said, same thing, dull stodge! 20 minutes is simply not long enough for thngs that are stacked together, so I separated them and baked them again for another 10 minutes, still not done, so I turned them upside down for another 8 minutes.  they are now just about cooked but very brown now and simply not worth the effort.

This is the fifth Jamie Oliver recipe that I have tried to cook that has turned out badly.  I'm a good cook, not an amateur the recipes are just not written correctly.

What an expensive exercise as even the birds won't eat it!
help

Likes (0)

#940 Fri 08 Mar 13 5:18pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Welcome suzymac...

Sorry to hear about your problems with this recipe. I've tried loads of Jamies recipes and have always had a decent result...............can't say I've ever tried this one, but I'm sure you know the old saying..

"If at first you don't succeed...

Give up and try something else instead" whistle

Last edited by wine~o (Fri 08 Mar 13 5:20pm)

Likes (0)