Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Fri 15 Mar 13 4:58pm

Merlin

Occupation Editorial assistant/general online chap
From London
Member since Wed 24 Oct 12

Off for the weekend!

Hello all,

First of all, a massive thank you to everybody for your continued patience and solidarity in the face of this wave of spammers we've been getting over the last few weeks.

I feel it's worth just reiterating, as it may be easy to forget sometimes if you're a regular, that the amount of daily signups and general activity we get on the site and forums is literally hundreds - in some cases thousands - which is why moderating on top of other work commitments is taking me a little while to balance out effectively. However, we're nearly there - the spam that's getting through at the moment is all from users that got in during a brief, then-unnoticed, gap in the anti-spam wall Eric and I put together a few months ago. Once they're out though, they're out, so keep the reports coming, and please remember that the most helpful thing you can do is include the spammer's username in your report - it means I can motor through the list when I have time to attend to it.

It's an incredible privilege to moderate one of the most vibrant, prolific food communities on the web. Once again, thank you to everybody helping us get over this little speed bump.

Now, I'm off on a boat-and-food adventure around the canals of Oxford for the weekend, where it's unlikely I'll have much internet access. Report any pests and I'll boot 'em out first thing on Monday morning.

My very best to all,
Merlin

(Perhaps give Jamie's recipe of the day a try this weekend - it's a fish stew, and in fact one of my favourite recipes of all time - http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fish … -fish-stew).

Likes (0)

#2 Fri 15 Mar 13 10:10pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: Off for the weekend!

Have a lovely weekend Merlin

Likes (0)

#3 Sat 16 Mar 13 12:08am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Yes, enjoy your weekend, Merlin. Thanks for sharing the fish stew link thumbsup

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#4 Sat 16 Mar 13 2:59am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Thanks for letting us know what is happening Merlin. Enjoy your weekend! smile

Likes (0)

#5 Sat 16 Mar 13 4:38am

Kiwi Kris

Forum champ
From New Zealand
Member since Sun 09 Jan 05

Thanks to you; Merlin & Eric & Team!  thumbsup ...Also, Merlin, enjoy your weekend break-away on the boat trip with everyone & take care! smile

Merry Christmas to you ALL! :-)
    Likes (0)

#6 Mon 18 Mar 13 11:32am

Merlin

Occupation Editorial assistant/general online chap
From London
Member since Wed 24 Oct 12

Thanks all! Seems the weekend was quite kind to the forums? Unfortunately our boat adventure was not so lucky - we had to remain moored up for most of the weekend due to the weather! Luckily no falling overboard from anybody.

We did do some great cooking though - let me tell ya, making poached eggs, toast and stovetop coffee for six in a house boat rocking around on a fast river first thing on a Sunday morning is an experience everyone should have at least once in their lives!

Did anybody cook anything particularly fantastic or challenging weekend?

Likes (0)

#7 Mon 18 Mar 13 12:32pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Merlin wrote:

We did do some great cooking though - let me tell ya, making poached eggs, toast and stovetop coffee for six in a house boat rocking around on a fast river first thing on a Sunday morning is an experience everyone should have at least once in their lives!

Try cooking three meals/ day for a fortnight on one has ring with an oven that refused to work " most of the time" when pathologically loathing boats and water, Merlin.

Best not say more other than staying moored sound good to me wink. The NHS worked well for me.

Sorry about your weekend.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)