Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Thu 21 Mar 13 10:43am

BarryBethell

Member since Wed 07 Dec 11

FOH he

A friend of mine is opening a restaurant in the near future and I have been asked to help with the planning of the kitchen and front of house. Although I have experience of working in the kitchen, I have no idea about FOH. I hasten to add, my friend in question will be employing someone else as we get nearer to opening but for now, he's stuck with me.
So, my question. If the place has 60 covers, how many plates do we need? I think to begin with bowls will be used both for salad and for soup, so we need side plates/mains/soup. Also, the same question goes for glasses, and how many different type of glass are strictly necessary? Can we make do with using the same glasses (type of glass, obviously we'll wash 'em) for both red and white? I can't until he hires a restaurant manager - this is a right pain in the bum

Likes (0)

#2 Thu 21 Mar 13 10:44am

BarryBethell

Member since Wed 07 Dec 11

Re: FOH he

Whoops, sorry about the weird title (and the weird post for that matter).

Likes (0)

#3 Thu 21 Mar 13 12:07pm

Thistledo

Occupation Retired something or other
From English immigrant in S. Wales
Member since Fri 07 Dec 12

Re: FOH he

Good morning Barry.  Might I suggest you contact your local catering college, or HE college that encompasses catering?  Part of their tuition is teaching students on what equipment to order for a restaurant.

Good luck.

Likes (0)