forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#961 Sat 23 Mar 13 6:51pm

Thistledo

Occupation Retired something or other
From English immigrant in S. Wales
Member since Fri 07 Dec 12

Re: Ask me a cooking question

OK, I give up!  I've hunted and searched for Jamie's pork and fennel meatballs and can I find it anywhere on here?  Can I hell!  Can someone please help me.
Ta muchly.

Likes (0)

#962 Sat 23 Mar 13 7:15pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Do you know what book it is in?  Allora Andiamo has a recipe for this dish in member recipes.  Her recipes are very popular among members.

eta:
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/memb … ce%20/1884

Last edited by MsPablo (Sat 23 Mar 13 7:24pm)

Likes (0)

#963 Sat 23 Mar 13 11:51pm

itana.sekulic

Member since Sat 23 Mar 13

Hi Jamie
Greetings from Denmark! I am a big fan and your cooking books are my greatest inspiration. I made creme brule with rhubarb today. It tasted very good, but the creme was not hard enough. I can't figure out why. I only cooked the creme for a few minutes, could that be the problem? It does not say anything in the recipe about how long time I should do that.
Thank you in advance in you have a spare time to answer smile

Best regards.
Itana

Likes (0)

#964 Sun 24 Mar 13 9:36am

Thistledo

MsPablo, thanks for your response.  Regret, it wasn't a JO recipe at all but someone else's and I've found it.  The link youi gave does indeed have fennel seed in but my recipe has both the seed and part of a bulb.
Thanks for your trouble.

Likes (0)

#965 Sun 24 Mar 13 2:14pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Glad you found it.  Sounds interesting.  Whose recipe was it, btw?

Likes (0)

#966 Sun 24 Mar 13 5:39pm

Thistledo

MrsPablo, it's BBC Good Food article and the writer of the recipe is Barney Desmazery, whoever he is.  Pork, Fennel  & Chilli Meatballs

I still have every intention of making these meatballs.

Likes (0)

#967 Wed 27 Mar 13 10:53am

Katerl

Occupation engineer
From Munich, Germany
Member since Wed 20 Mar 13

Hello,
I am a mother from 1,5 years old boy and cooking for him is very difficult. At the one hand he doesn´t like everything (for example green vegetables..) and on the other hand he is not allowed to eat/drink cow milk. But it should also be suitable for adults, because he only eats what we eat. You can see it is a little bit difficult.  sad
Am desperately looking for suitable recipes!!!
Could anybody help me please????   help 
Thanks a lot
Katerl

Likes (0)

#968 Wed 27 Mar 13 11:24am

Thistledo

Hello Katerl.  It is very common for young children to have their dislikes with food, especially green veg.  As for not being able to have any dairy product from the cow, you could try yew's or goat's milk and cheese, or at least try it.

You could try disguising green veg in with other things, like mashed potato mixed with peas, chopped green veg, then frying it, like a big pancake but thicker.  I'm going to into detail here because I don't know where you're from.  We call this meal Bubble and Squeak.

Select what he likes to eat most of all and gradually introduce the green veg in very small quantities.

He will hopefully soon grow out of this common dislike of greens, I'm sure.

Likes (0)

#969 Wed 27 Mar 13 11:42am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Katerl wrote:

Hello,
I am a mother from 1,5 years old boy and cooking for him is very difficult. At the one hand he doesn´t like everything (for example green vegetables..) and on the other hand he is not allowed to eat/drink cow milk. But it should also be suitable for adults, because he only eats what we eat. You can see it is a little bit difficult.  sad
Am desperately looking for suitable recipes!!!
Could anybody help me please????   help 
Thanks a lot
Katerl

Hi Katerl,
It is very common for littlies to hate green vegetables. Apparently they are very sensitive to the slight bitterness. I got around this by buying fresh and cooking  fresh - ie the longer they are in the fridge the more bitter they get. I sold broccoli florets to my daughter as 'trees' and she has had fun eating trees with her meals. Growing peas and letting your littlie pick and eat them when they are lovely and sweet can be a good trick too.

Re the dairy free, I bet everything you think of cooking contains dairy! But check through Jamie's recipes and others here and you will find dairy free ones that will suit your family! Promise!

Also, here is a thread about children and food that you might find useful or at least be able to feel you are not alone. http://www.jamieoliver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=52589

Best wishes smile

Likes (0)

#970 Wed 27 Mar 13 1:40pm

jasleen

Member since Thu 23 Dec 10

Hi Jamie ! I was trying to make ganache the other day but it turned out runny. Instead of whipped cream, the recipe I followed stated that I should use 200g chocolate and 200ml thickened cream. I only used a little to decorate my cake. What can I do with the rest of it ? Can I add something to make a chocolate mousse ? Regards !

Likes (0)