forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#16791 Wed 27 Mar 13 1:35pm

Thistledo

Occupation Retired something or other
From English immigrant in S. Wales
Member since Fri 07 Dec 12

Re: What are you doing right this minute ????

Sitting down after having just put a loaf on.  Also enjoying the lovely smell of the ham hock cooking in the slow cooker.

Joy, cats do not like to be moved from their normal territory where they are familiar with smells.  They are territorial.

Likes (0)

#16792 Wed 27 Mar 13 6:26pm

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Now I am up in the middle of the night (it's 4am here). As soon as I overdo things my sleep gets mucked up! But I will have a cuppa and see if I can sleep again soon.

Kaitlyn and Thistledo thankyou for responding. Poor Muffet *was* letting me know he was out of his own territory, poor fellow. He stayed under the shelves without moving for 5 hours. I have never known a cat be that freaked out. He was in a very quiet house. But I bet right now he is still under the bed at the new house they have moved to. While Miso, their other cat, was ready to start carefully exploring the room after about 10 minutes! Such different personalities!

Likes (0)

#16793 Wed 27 Mar 13 6:42pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Joy, ours hid successfully under the many piles of boxes and stuff when we moved for 24 hours.  It was so distressing, we spent hours walking the neighborhood yelling his name, thinking he got out and was lost and neighbors joined in to help us search.  Kitties, gotta love em.

Sometimes when I am over-tired, I find it hard to get good sleep.  Sometimes getting a brief nap (something I rarely am able to do, my body just doesn't want to allow it for some reason) can help me sleep better at night.  Crazy, but hey whatever works.

Right now, I am considering all the stuff I should be doing, but I am in the mood to put it all off.

Likes (0)

#16794 Wed 27 Mar 13 11:09pm

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

O that would be distressing MsPablo, what a relief when he came out!

I am glad to say I got a bit more sleep when I went back to bed, and what works for you works for me too, so I will plan a nap today.

Right now I have a cup of tea, bread on the rise, and a lovely gift of a new pressure cooker recipe book! Woot! smile

Likes (0)

#16795 Wed 27 Mar 13 11:42pm

Kaitlyn

Occupation Stuff and nonsense!
From California
Member since Mon 07 Sep 09

Cats, as Thistle mentioned, are territorial.  They also like the familiar.  YOUR house, to Muffet and Miso, was unfamiliar. 

When there is something new going on in a cat's house, such as fumigation prep or moving, a cat reacts by hiding--either in a famliar spot or in a totally new spot.  We have to take that into account with fumigation and now must inform occupants that this might happen.

What am I doing now?  Having to switch browsers, since I can't log in here with Mozilla.  Merlin's been so nice about fixing this.

Likes (0)

#16796 Thu 28 Mar 13 3:26pm

danny.chafe

Member since Thu 28 Mar 13

Right now, I'm scoffing down a lamb stew I made on my rocket stove! I never heard of rocket stoves until 2 days ago, I had some spare bricks laying around in my garden so I roughly built one and tested it out... I have to say, they are amazing! smile

Likes (0)

#16797 Fri 29 Mar 13 9:04am

Miss GlutenFree

Occupation Admin Officer & Mum
From Queensland, Australia
Member since Sun 14 Mar 10

Danny - I haven't heard of a rocket stove so must google it!

I am just kicking back and relaxing after going a bit mental gardening. We had a flowering bush that somehow turned into a tree.... Ended up cutting it down, creating a second rubbish pile and stocking the fire pit ready for lighting tomorrow night. Also lifted all the loose rocks from around the yard to one area to start building my rock wall vegie garden.

Likes (0)

#16798 Fri 29 Mar 13 10:06am

Thistledo

Occupation Retired something or other
From English immigrant in S. Wales
Member since Fri 07 Dec 12

Just demolishing my second bucket of tea before going upstairs to prepare myself for the day.

Likes (0)

#16799 Sat 06 Apr 13 11:24am

Katja

Forum champ
Occupation Study to become a social and healthcare assistent
From Denmark
Member since Mon 21 Jun 04

Relaxing with TV before I am meeting up with a friend later  smile

Likes (0)

#16800 Sat 06 Apr 13 1:22pm

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

gearing up before heading out to the Elmira maple syrup festival..  yummy  yummy  yummy

Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or a cook.  { cowboy saying}
    Likes (0)