forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Sat 02 Feb 13 10:35am

Jamies-Ministry

Occupation Freelance photographer
From Bushey
Member since Thu 09 Apr 09

Re: I wish Jamie would?

How about my Gluten, wheat dairy free book idea but for adults & a cookery book well for children like someone here mentioned so we have the best of both worlds
clap

Likes (0)

#22 Sun 03 Feb 13 12:32am

@nGoose1

Forum champ
Occupation Shop worker/KP/ Commis chef
From UK/Germany
Member since Wed 28 Oct 09

Jamie's India/Pakistan
Jamie's Orient
Jamie's Asia

Likes (0)

#23 Tue 12 Feb 13 8:36am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

One thing that I have heard being said  by quite a few people , is that they wish Jamie would use a few less ingredients in his recipes .

Whilst if you cook plenty you manage to get a stock of spices and other ingredients together in a pantry type cupboard , if you don't cook much it can be both expensive and daunting to have to find a list of ingredients . Many people don't have  fennel seeds or saffron in their cupboards all the time.

So may be a few more recipes with just small amount of ingredients will also be a good idea to encourage people to cook.

Likes (0)

#24 Sun 14 Apr 13 5:05pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

I wish that Jamie would awnser a few threads on the forum ,
the forum is struggling at the moment , and I think it might bring a bit of renewed interest

Likes (0)

#25 Mon 15 Apr 13 12:44pm

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

I'm surprised I'd not spotted this thread previously

Jamies-Ministry wrote:

smile Exactly that what would like Jamie to do or make
maybe a new food range or something else
post your replies on a baguette please to the usual address   lol

I would LOVE Jamie to come out with a Gluten, wheat
dairy free range of foods as i don`t think that there is a huge range of foods like that for people like me
i know for 1 i WOULD BUY IT  clap

There are a bucket load of gluten free products on the market (at least in most of western countries). In the six years I've been off gluten there have been hundreds added and even this year there have been a few new ranges launched in australia. And comparining our tiny population with the UK, I can only assume it's better over there.

With the increasing number of products on the market it probably wouldn't be worth jamie getting into it. Equally on a recipes front there are a fair few books on restricted diets out there with experts behind them. A fair few of jamie's recipes are already gluten free or easily made so. If you want a book with directions for adjusting to restricted diets try Toby Puttock's; they're still "cheffy".

Check out the orgran range of foods. I think they are "no anything that causes people problems"

Last edited by The White Rabbit (Mon 15 Apr 13 12:47pm)

Likes (0)

#26 Mon 15 Apr 13 12:45pm

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia

mummza wrote:

the forum is struggling at the moment , and I think it might bring a bit of renewed interest

I've been here for nearly 9 years and "the man" has responded to one comment I made in a thread once and I think that was a year or two in. Personally I'm here for you guys but it would bring some more people.

Likes (0)

#27 Mon 15 Apr 13 12:46pm

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia

mummza wrote:

One thing that I have heard being said  by quite a few people , is that they wish Jamie would use a few less ingredients in his recipes .

Whilst if you cook plenty you manage to get a stock of spices and other ingredients together in a pantry type cupboard , if you don't cook much it can be both expensive and daunting to have to find a list of ingredients . Many people don't have  fennel seeds or saffron in their cupboards all the time.

So may be a few more recipes with just small amount of ingredients will also be a good idea to encourage people to cook.

Good point. I tend to just leave things out or modify the recipes. But not everyone has the experience or nerve to do that. I think 15 minute meals is a step in the right direction. The ingredient lists are shorter and the ingredients shared across recipes.

Likes (0)

#28 Mon 15 Apr 13 1:57pm

koukouvagia

Forum champ
From New York
Member since Fri 12 Dec 08

mummza wrote:

I agree totally, he used to start a thread once in a while although he'd never come back to check in on it.  It'd be nice if he came around once in a while  clap

Likes (0)

#29 Fri 19 Apr 13 6:19pm

silkySilke

Occupation Currently I am a biology student in my last year
From Germany
Member since Wed 10 Apr 13

Would fight to save our seeds! Which in the end contributes to food sovereignty, too!

Likes (0)

#30 Fri 19 Apr 13 6:24pm

silkySilke

Occupation Currently I am a biology student in my last year
From Germany
Member since Wed 10 Apr 13

Why not create a place, where people can freely exchange their seeds, especially old varieties, ....

Likes (0)