forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Mon 06 May 13 4:37pm

Stevo1405

Member since Mon 06 May 13

Re: PIZZA PAN-HOW?

Ive just received 2 black iron pans from ace pans and made some absolutely great pizzas , unbelievable quality and they only cost £3 each , very happy , pretty sure they do perforated pans as well . thumbsup

Likes (0)

#12 Mon 06 May 13 6:10pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Stevo1405 , welcome to the forum , sorry today this but your post does. Looks bit like spam to me . I am hoping that this is not so and you will be joining in other forum posts

Likes (0)

#13 Mon 06 May 13 7:55pm

Stevo1405

Member since Mon 06 May 13

Hi , not at all , I've been viewing the forum for a while , just joined , hit some good pans and thought it might be of interest so searched pizza pans and added!

Don't worry I'll be contributing to many other threads. thumbsup

Likes (0)

#14 Mon 06 May 13 8:43pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

thats good to know Stevo1405  thumbsup I shall look forward to reading more of your posts .

(we are all a bit suspicious as we recently there was quite an issue with spam.)

big_smile

Likes (0)

#15 Tue 07 May 13 9:11am

frizz1974

Forum super champ
Occupation Mother of 2 working more than full time
From Wallerawang, Oz
Member since Wed 29 Jun 05

For the poster unsure of cornmeal you may ow it as polenta & I have used  Semolina also.

Likes (0)

#16 Tue 07 May 13 1:07pm

Nikisha

From Vienna, Austria
Member since Mon 20 Dec 04

Since I don't have a pizza stone like Jamie recommends in Jamie's Italian I figured out a way to get a good result with Pizza:

I heat up the oven on maximum heat WITH the baking trays, for about 20 minutes. Then I put my thinly rolled out pizza dough on a sheet of baking paper, put the pizza toppings on and then pick up the baking paper with the pizza and put it on the hot baking tray (downside is you need two people to do it so the pizza doesn't fold). The pizza then takes about 6-8 minutes to cook through.  big_smile

I've also noticed that using 70% regular flour and 30% Semolina gives the best results for the dough.

Last edited by Nikisha (Tue 07 May 13 1:08pm)

Likes (0)

#17 Tue 07 May 13 10:53pm

cannyfradock

Occupation Builder (bricklayer/ stonemason)
From S.Wales.
Member since Sat 10 Oct 09

Chrissa SKG wrote:

I JUST BOUGHT MYSELF A PIZZA PAN!
baking tray with holes

how do I use it? -says non sticky...

do I put it in another baking tray?
or onto the metal ### 
won;t the dough go into the holes?
pls advice me so I don;t totally fail my first time!

Chrissa

I use a chip tray for baking pizza in my domestic oven. The pizza tray will have larger holes but they both work the same. Even if they're non stick, I always dust the base with a little flour.

I'm not sure if you're using ready made pizza's but it's really worth trying to make your own from scratch.....honest. You won't be dissapointed. Here's a link showing how I make mine...

http://ukwoodfiredovenforum.proboards.c … hread=1141

Terry

Likes (0)