Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1031 Sat 18 May 13 7:21am

janikki

Member since Thu 20 Dec 12

Re: Ask me a cooking question

I would like to share a wonderful recipe with you but it keeps dropping out.
I am Vikki Morris from sunshine coast QLD Aust. The recipe is from Hanunam Restaurant Darwin. You can get the recipe on there website I have never had oysters so beautiful, I have also cooked scallops the same way..
Vikki

Likes (0)

#1032 Tue 21 May 13 6:05pm

Jamie's Food Team

Member since Mon 21 Jan 13

judith74 wrote:

Hi there,
a lot of your recipes call for meat to be cooked on high heat whilst coated in paprika.
I am originally from Hungary and we use a lot of paprika in our cooking. My mum has always told me not to leave paprika on the heat for any considerable time as it burns easily and ends up tasting bitter. In fact she always takes the pan off while adding paprika to a dish, lets it dissolve in the hot fat - which is the only substance paprika dissolves in - then lets up with liquid and only then puts it back on the heat. I, myself once coated fish in paprika then fried it in a little oil, by the time it was cooked indeed it tasted bitter and burnt. Totally ruined the fish. This has so far made me avoid all of your dishes that has meat seasoned and cooked in this fashion.
Any tips or thoughts on the subject would be welcome.
Thanks  x

Thanks for the tip, that’s very interesting. Next time I’m cooking with paprika I’ll bear your suggestion in mind and see if I notice a difference!

Likes (0)

#1033 Tue 21 May 13 6:07pm

Jamie's Food Team

Member since Mon 21 Jan 13

suzieg11 wrote:

hi there can you use single cream and creme fraiche together when making a curry

Be careful when using single cream in cooking as it will split if you heat it too high. Creme fraiche is also quite a rich tasting ingredient and might be a little too tangy for a curry. I would recommend you use yoghurt instead.

Likes (0)

#1034 Wed 22 May 13 2:21am

CAYJAY

Member since Wed 22 May 13

Hi Jamie,

Do you have a favourite quiche recipe? I know its a bit retro but I used to love my Mum's quiche and I have her recipe (good old Margie Fulton!) which the whole family loves but I was hoping you night have one with a Jamie twist.

love cool

Likes (0)

#1035 Thu 23 May 13 10:58am

Kjcef

Member since Thu 23 May 13

Hi Jamie, could you write a cookery book that has recipes for both parents and fussy eating children, in the one meal so I don't have to cook two meals every night. I love your recipes and use your books all the time especially your Jamie at home book. Thank you Kim x

Likes (0)

#1036 Thu 23 May 13 11:13am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Kjcef wrote:

Hi Jamie, could you write a cookery book that has recipes for both parents and fussy eating children, in the one meal so I don't have to cook two meals every night. I love your recipes and use your books all the time especially your Jamie at home book. Thank you Kim x

Welcome to the forum Kjcef  smile

The problem with children who are fussy eaters is that they all like different things !
Don't worry about it , it's a bit of a nuisance for a while but there aren't that many adults who are still fussy eaters !

None of my children were 'fussy eaters' .. Well I thought one was a bit fussy until their friends came round to eat then I realised that my fussy eater was not fussy at all !!!

It may help to evolve your child in the cooking , if there are things that he/she dislikes then separate a portion off to continue cooking separately and add other ingredients to the main part.

Another thing you could do is to allow your child to serve itself , so put dishes in the middle of the table and all serve their own food.

What is important is to not allow food to become an issue as once it is it often remains so ,it is also a way that a child gets attention from a parent .

Hope I have been a bit of help.

Likes (0)

#1037 Thu 23 May 13 3:28pm

mbrokof

From Germany
Member since Sat 18 Mar 06

Jamie,

I think you are always up to natural and good Food. What about milk? I received an email about 'The Mooman'. The Need some 20k quit to release the film on UK cinemas. You and others could support it here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/143 … d-75390137

I drink the milk for over a year and my wife with lactose intolerance has no problems in digesting it. I think it's of excellent quality .

Best Regards
Matthias smile

Likes (0)

#1038 Fri 24 May 13 9:04am

vladantntrider

Member since Sat 18 May 13

200g cooked rice, 500g spinach Steamed hot water and chopped, 500g stewed ground beef, finely chopped onion, basil, salt, pepper, stir it all together and browning in the oven at 200C for 10 minutes, remove and pour three scrambled eggs, and return to 10 minutes in the oven, served with a salad of rucola with a lemon and olive oil, Good Appetite

Last edited by vladantntrider (Fri 24 May 13 9:08am)

Likes (0)

#1039 Sat 25 May 13 7:05am

SUMMER01

Member since Sat 25 May 13

Hi Jamie, I'm looking for a recipe that you published in The Herald Sun, Melbourne with lamb, rice and sour cherries all in the one pot.  I made it for my family and they loved it but I have lost the paper and I can't find the same recipe anywhere on your website.  Could you repeat it please.

Thanks

Last edited by SUMMER01 (Wed 05 Jun 13 9:26am)

Likes (0)

#1040 Sat 25 May 13 3:25pm

Cuisinssouci

Member since Sat 25 May 13

What's your favorite way to cook eggplant? I've only had it done up as eggplant parmigiana, and it's almost alwys ended up (I asume) somewhat overcooked and slimey.

Thanks!

Hi Mike,

I've had precisely the same problem for ages...until I tried this
trick: Slice the eggplants in half (length-wise), put them onto a well-oiled baking form, put into the oven between 180 to 200degrees Celsius for roughly 20-25 minutes depending on the size and the texture desired. After that the eggplant is ready to be integrated into pretty much any recipe: as component of a veggie lasagna or slices fried in tempura batter or as the base for a delicious eggplant cream Arabic style (chopped onion & chillies & parsley, salt'n pepper, spritz of lime juice)

cheers,

Anna

Likes (0)