forum: FAQ's

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Mon 24 Jun 13 10:00pm

ariz89

Member since Mon 24 Jun 13

The Best Stand Mixer Brand

I plan to buy the stand mixer and its seem like in my country the price is expensive, like 500++ pound sterling (MYR2600++) for kitchenaid brand which is i think the best brand for cooking stuff. i need your suggestion and help me to find buy it online which is trusted and cheap. Thank you..

Likes (0)

#2 Mon 24 Jun 13 10:54pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Re: The Best Stand Mixer Brand

Welcome to the forums ariz99.

A couple of months ago I needed to replace my 30 yr old Kenwood and asked the same question here. The overwhelming answer was a KitchenAid. Yes, they are expensive but the other brands were not that much less and their quality and warranty was much less. I bought a KitchenAid.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#3 Tue 25 Jun 13 2:35am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Not a Kenwood chef. It's pretty well useless. I'm going to get a kitchenaid when I replace it.

Likes (0)

#4 Tue 25 Jun 13 8:58am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

We have a kitchenaid HD drop bowl  and   love it but if you are looking for an alternative the Electrolux Magic Mill has a lot of loyal fans.

http://youtu.be/zMB4CVG5fLs

Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or a cook.  { cowboy saying}
    Likes (0)

#5 Tue 25 Jun 13 1:11pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

I've not seen those Ashen .

Welcome to the forum ariz89 smile

My sister loves her kenwood stand mixer .

I love my kitchen aid stand mixer !
Here in the UK the drop bowl model of kitchen aid is rare to find , it's only really the Artisan mixer that's widely avalible . ( usually at £429 british pounds ...which at the moment is 662.2 US$ ...or 716.9 Australian $ ...or 504€ for the Artisan kitchenaid )
I am not sure what the retail price for these are are in America, Australia or other European countries .

I think when choosing a stand mixer it's best to see what's avalible where you live , read reviews and here in the UK we have the Which report , a consumer report where different things are graded as to reliability etc . And also what's within the price limit you can afford .

Likes (0)

#6 Tue 25 Jun 13 11:21pm

Maree

Forum super champ

The White Rabbit wrote:

Not a Kenwood chef. It's pretty well useless. I'm going to get a kitchenaid when I replace it.

The new Kenwoods *are* pretty much useless and flimsy which is why I didn't replace my 30 year old one with another- I bought a KitchenAid. The cost differential wasn't that much ,relatively speaking.

Likes (0)

#7 Tue 25 Jun 13 11:24pm

Maree

Forum super champ

The RRP for the KitchenAid Artisan in Australia is $749.00. The Platinum version (metallic paint but with glass bowl and scraper blade) is $799.00. The drop bowl version is more expensive.

Likes (0)

#8 Sun 14 Jul 13 9:19am

jm777

Member since Sun 14 Jul 13

Kitchenaid artisan stand mixer is my favorite especially that it has different beautiful color selections and the price is affordable in some places.

Likes (0)