forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Fri 05 Jul 13 3:32pm

Berks_Cook

From Bracknell, Berks, UK
Member since Thu 23 Oct 08

Slow Cookers

Hi Guys,

I recently got a slow cooker (inherited!) and was wondering what some of your favourite recipes were for cooking with one.

Any meat based ones would be most apprecitated but that is not to say vegetarian recipes are off limits  wink.

If anyone has a good recipe for using a Brisket cut of beef that would be tremendous.

Well up to you guys thanks as always.

Berks_Cook

Likes (0)

#2 Fri 05 Jul 13 4:52pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Re: Slow Cookers

Wrong time of year for slow cooked food IMHO, I associate slow cookers with winter....long slow cooked stews etc...

However, brisket of beef...loverly slow cooked, first season all over, seal allover in a fry pan, add to the slow-cooker with some chunkily cut veg..(Carrot/onion/swede...whatever you like)..add about 1/2 pint of red wine (Or guinness or another quality beer..and about 1/2 pint of stock..) a couple of bay leaves or a bouquet garnise (Sp?)

Cook on high till it's just bubbling switch to low then go out for 6-8-10 hours (Won't really matter. it'll never dry out)

Likes (0)

#3 Fri 05 Jul 13 11:19pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Re: Slow Cookers

wine~o wrote:

Wrong time of year for slow cooked food IMHO, I associate slow cookers with winter....long slow cooked stews

It's Winter here wink.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)