Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Mon 15 Jul 13 11:02am

Earthmum

Forum champ
Occupation HR / mum / jack of all trades
From England
Member since Mon 21 Sep 09

Todays Lunch Box contains ....

I know that lots of threads have covered packed lunch, and what we are all eating today, but we could all do with some inspiration for a packed lunch from time to time.

So what have you packed between your slices of bread today ??

Today all five of us have the same ( very unusual ).

Cheese and onion pasty ( I made yesterday, I added a little chopped red pepper and a chilli to give some zing  big_smile ).  A dish of salad, followed by a dish of chopped honeydew melon and some strawberries I picked this morning.  For breaktime the children have a white chocolate chip cookie and a banana.  to drink, adults have tea/coffee at work, children have taken a carton of juice and a bottle of water.

that should keep them happy until they arrive home STARVING  roll .

Gem

Likes (0)

#2 Wed 17 Jul 13 11:43am

Earthmum

Forum champ
From England

Re: Todays Lunch Box contains ....

Didn't have time to visit yesterday - doing the accounts sad .  Anyway yesterday we had bread rolls, made the night before, with tuna and salad, daughter had cheese as she still will not eat fish.  For after we each had a yoghut and piece of fruit,  Children break time they took flapjack and some grapes carton juice and water.

Today, i made a big dish of hummus lastnight, so we are all having that with chopped veg to dip and some flat breads left from the BBQ last night which I have cut into fingers.  To finish we all have a slice of chocolate brownie  whistle .  Children breaktime - they have flapjack and an apple, juice and water.

Gem

Likes (2)

#3 Wed 17 Jul 13 1:58pm

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Some great ideas there, keep them coming

Likes (0)

#4 Thu 18 Jul 13 12:26pm

Earthmum

Forum champ
From England

Today we all have cheese and chives scones I made yesterday afternoon, just as well I made double, the first tray was eaten between two questions - whats for dinne and what time will we be eating  roll .  So we all are having those with some fruit salad to finish, not very inspiring but its to hot to think of anything else.  the children have Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstalls booster bars and a piece of fruit.

I think tonight I will cook some pasta to make a pasta salad for everyone tomorrow, I have some feta cheese and come grapes which would be nice added to it.  Hopefully there will be some more strawberries ready in the garden and perhaps some blueberries which would be nice.

Gem

Likes (2)

#5 Fri 19 Jul 13 3:51am

Sherrie.aust

Member since Fri 19 Jul 13

the day before shopping, so not much to choose from today...

have to be wholemeal spelt toast with butter, tijuana tango sauce, tomato and avocado. I'm an organic advocate so the bread & butter are organic. The chilli sauce is made by a local guy - Cobra Chilli - he does sauces & salsas from mild to take your head off HOT smile

Freezing here in Aus, so looking forward to a chai rooibos tea soon after lunch. smile

Likes (0)