mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: Homeopathy is B0ll0ks!

sergio1972 wrote:

Mummza:
"H1N1 vaccination was for swine flu ... Did you know anyone who contracted this and was seriously ill with it Sergio ?"
No I dont.
"This was NOT done as a money making exercise , this was done to help protect the population . "
Maybe I'm a fan of conspiracy theories, but I beg to differ. Anyway I wont argue cause I dont have any real proofs. Its just my belief.

Even before Ashen's last post I was going to say that I agree with the "lucky guess" thing.

Also I've always been curious why some people get it and some dont. And even people who are in touch with those who have it and dont get it. But thats probably another debate...

I know someone that almost died from swine flu , they were on a ventilator for several months and have been left with permenant issues as a result of contracting the virus .

The swine flu vacinations and other influenza vacinations are not just a money making exercise the play a huge part in trying to protect the population and control the spread of the virus .
There is no 'guessing game' in the production of the vaccines , as I mentioned earlier there are laboratories around the world ( as mentioned on the CDC website) that continually collect the nessersary data to help analalse and determine what vaccine would be most effective during the upcoming years flu season .
Virus's mutate and the flu virus continues to mutate as it circulates .
This mutation is watched very carefully by scientists , epidemiologists etc , there is a great deal of work and data that envolved in trying to control the virus .

You might beleive that its all a money making exercise by those who produce the vaccine and yes they do make money from it just like with other businesses , but for the majority of people involved before and after it gets to the stage of  determining and predicting the virus or for those trying to work to  control the spread of the virus it's not about the money but more about the job that they do and doing that job well .

Likes (0)

#132 Fri 07 Jun 13 10:17am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Ashen I'm sorry I seem to have annoyed you , it seems that we have read each others posts in different ways

Likes (0)

#133 Fri 07 Jun 13 12:35pm

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

I read today that some years back Billy Joel's daughter took an overdose of homeopathic pills and the hospital sent her home.

Likes (0)

#134 Fri 07 Jun 13 2:09pm

sergio1972

Forum champ
Occupation NLP Trainer and Coach
From Portugal
Member since Tue 09 Dec 08

I wonder what an overdose of homeopathic pills can be? The only thing that comes to mind is hyperglicemia...

Likes (0)

#135 Fri 07 Jun 13 2:39pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

lol

Likes (0)

#136 Fri 07 Jun 13 3:44pm

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

quote from BBC news website

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-20611937

"Predicting the next winter's flu strains can be a challenge according to the director of immunology for the Department of Health, Prof David Salisbury.

He said: "Most times we make a reasonable prediction and the match is good but not every time, sometimes viruses mutate and the vaccine isn't perfect.

"Over 10 years there will be times when the match isn't good and the vaccine won't be efficacious. When that happens there are cases that might otherwise have been prevented.

"It is to a degree a gamble because it's based on prediction.""

It may not be a WAG  (wild ass guess)   but they most assuredly   guess , or if you prefer predict or   estimate  the most likely strains  .

Last edited by Ashen (Fri 07 Jun 13 3:47pm)

The Universe is alive and self aware. 
Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)

#137 Tue 30 Jul 13 12:05am

@nGoose1

Forum champ
Occupation Shop worker/KP/ Commis chef
From UK/Germany
Member since Wed 28 Oct 09

The White Rabbit wrote:

I read today that some years back Billy Joel's daughter took an overdose of homeopathic pills and the hospital sent her home.

Billy Joel tried to O.D. on furniture polish, when he was in his 20s
seriously check it out
http://www.contactmusic.com/news/billy- … pt_1074467

Likes (0)