Subscribe to forums RSS

#41 Sat 30 Mar 13 9:57pm

maddimouse

Forum champ
Occupation chatterbox addicted to cooking
From mid-west Germany
Member since Mon 23 Feb 09

Re: Jamie's Fifteen Minute Meals

I have cooked golden chicken, braised green and potato gratin from 15 mm. for the first time for dinner tonight. We were both absolutely excited, it was fab!

I´m not 100% fit after a small surgery last wednesday. All our dinners will be from the 15 mm book for the next three days so I won´t have to work in the kitchen for too long.

I have two chicken breast filets left for tomorrow, so it´s gonna be another chicken recipy, this time with sweet potato mash and maize/tomato salad. We´re not sure whether it´s gonna be the ricotta fritters on sunday and the beef kofta curry on monday or the other way round..... decisions, decisions!  lol

Have a lovely easter everyone!!!

Likes (0)

#42 Sat 30 Mar 13 11:58pm

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Best wishes to you Maddi, I hope you recuperate quickly. Do the 15 minutes as slowly as you need to!

I bought the 15 minute meal book last week!

Likes (0)

#43 Wed 29 May 13 12:35am

smiiithy

Member since Sun 19 May 13

Hi all,

I'm looking to try quite a few recipes from 15 Minute Meals. We are quite limited for space and don't have a liquidiser at present. Might I get away with using our Kenwood FP126 Compact Food Processor or is it going to be an absolute necessity to get a liquidiser?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Smiiiithy

Likes (0)

#44 Wed 29 May 13 1:26am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Hi Smiiithy, this is going to sound really trite, but it's not meant to be ... It really depends on the recipe. If a lot of liquid's involved, yes. If not, no.

Less space-taking-up, which might be an answer for you is a hand-held immersion blender. They can purée/liquidise in the pot and often come with various useful attachments such as whisks etc.

Sorry not to have been of more help smile

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#45 Wed 29 May 13 8:39am

smiiithy

Member since Sun 19 May 13

Thanks Maree, come to think of it we have a hand blender! I would never have even thought of that having never used a liquidiser before. Thanks again

Maree wrote:

Hi Smiiithy, this is going to sound really trite, but it's not meant to be ... It really depends on the recipe. If a lot of liquid's involved, yes. If not, no.

Less space-taking-up, which might be an answer for you is a hand-held immersion blender. They can purée/liquidise in the pot and often come with various useful attachments such as whisks etc.

Sorry not to have been of more help smile

Likes (0)

#46 Wed 29 May 13 9:40am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

You're welcome, Smiiithy smile

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#47 Wed 07 Aug 13 1:50pm

sandrew834

Member since Mon 22 Jul 13

This is great.........  Sounds very interesting, waiting eagerly. smile

Likes (0)

#48 Tue 27 Aug 13 8:18am

Alizey

Banned
Member since Tue 27 Aug 13

wao. It is very interesting that we learn to cook food in short time. I am waiting badly. I also agree the maddimouse. She tells right about processer. Hope you like it.

Likes (0)

#49 Thu 26 Sep 13 6:28am

davidjackson

Member since Fri 09 Aug 13

This looks great ..... It is really a nice and helpful piece of information

Likes (0)

#50 Fri 27 Sep 13 6:39am

marteenhook

Member since Fri 27 Sep 13

Wowwww..........  This is great news. Really waiting for this book... Congratulation Jamie.

Likes (0)