Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Wed 21 Aug 13 5:17pm

Merlin

Occupation Editorial assistant/general online chap
From London
Member since Wed 24 Oct 12

Forums to feature on the Save with Jamie site

Hello all,

Around the very imminent release of Save with Jamie we're looking to gather some great tips from one of the most close-knit foodie communities out there (you guys) around the following ideas: Shop smart, cook clever and waste less.

I'm going to post threads dedicated to each respectively now, where I'm really hoping you guys will shine and pull out your very best foodie tips for the world to see (these threads will be pulled into the Save with Jamie site!).

Any questions, please post 'em here and not on the threads!

Love,
M

Likes (0)

#2 Thu 05 Sep 13 12:56pm

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Re: Forums to feature on the Save with Jamie site

I just watched about half of the first episode. The fish pie looks good.

There's been a fair bit of press, mostly in the guardian site, about this program and Jamie not getting the poverty thing. I think that's misdirected. The program seems to be more about getting more value for your money out of food than an attempt to deal with poverty. I think it's pitched at a higher income bracket than those who are living in poverty. I guess because of his previous work much of the interviews publiscising this series focused on the cases of real poverty rather than on your average family wanting to eat well without wastage.

I missed the start but the crosses to other people in the room seemed a bit stilted. I think I'm just used to the flow the previous series have had because it's just one person.

Likes (0)

#3 Thu 05 Sep 13 1:34pm

alissalaing

Member since Thu 05 Sep 13

Hi Merlin,

We loved the new program on Monday, so we decided to promote it on our freebie blog Cloud Freebies and our Facebook page.

We are also going to be posting it to our email list as we are big fans of Jamie's 15 minute meals.

Thanks x

p.s i wasn't able to post a link, please feel free to add if needed x

Likes (0)

#4 Thu 05 Sep 13 4:13pm

Merlin

Occupation Editorial assistant/general online chap
From London
Member since Wed 24 Oct 12

Hey Alissa, so good to hear you enjoyed it! I had a look on your site and what a lovely piece of content - if anybody's interested in having a look it's at https://www.cloudfreebies.co.uk/2013/09 … ving-tips/

Really hope you enjoy the rest of the series, keep me posted!

Likes (0)

#5 Thu 05 Sep 13 11:00pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Watched the first episode last night. Wasn't the kind of food I eat or cook but I'll watch next week out of curiosity. The crosses to other people I found, like TWR, stilted and somewhat annoying. Will give it another chance.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#6 Fri 06 Sep 13 3:25pm

ANN

Forum champ
From North Carolina
Member since Thu 15 Jul 04

Don't have it in the US yet.  Hope to get it soon.

Likes (0)

#7 Thu 12 Sep 13 9:28pm

Izzabelle09

Member since Sun 08 Sep 13

Started watching save with Jamie, have since brought the book and starting buying store cupboard essentials. every evening meal this week has come directly from the book, we have gone from frozen stodgy meals to proper cooking and it all tastes AMAZING! this will def save us £ long term and we have no waste food, all surplus from meals has been turned into lunches for the following day!
Love this book!! Thank you Jamie + team! X

Likes (0)

#8 Mon 16 Sep 13 3:33pm

alissalaing

Member since Thu 05 Sep 13

Merlin wrote:

Hey Alissa, so good to hear you enjoyed it! I had a look on your site and what a lovely piece of content - if anybody's interested in having a look it's at https://www.cloudfreebies.co.uk/2013/09 … ving-tips/

Really hope you enjoy the rest of the series, keep me posted!

Thanks Merlin, looking forward to the new episodes smile

Likes (0)