forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#31 Tue 27 Aug 13 12:04pm

Merlin

Occupation Editorial assistant/general online chap
From London
Member since Wed 24 Oct 12

Re: Introduce yourself!

Great to have you here Alizey, I'm glad you like the community!

Likes (0)

#32 Fri 30 Aug 13 6:10pm

Teejay05

Member since Fri 30 Aug 13

Hello, I'm new here and I would love to become part of this community. As I am on my eating clean journey, would love to learn new ways to make healthy eating fun and tasteful....

Likes (0)

#33 Tue 03 Sep 13 2:16pm

auradou

Member since Tue 03 Sep 13

Hello

I'm a newbie member.  I caught Jamie's new series last night on Channel 4, via FilmOn.tv and I was left well, upset is not the word. 

Quite some time ago, I wrote to FreshOne productions, suggesting a new programme concept for Jamie.  The letter was sent from Greece, by registered post.

Although the web blurb about the programme states that many people have suggested this 'Save' concept, my idea was limited to making delicious food by exercising a classic methodology, 'l'art d'accommoder les restes'.  When I saw Jamie's beaming face looking into someone's fridge, i thought to myself, that was part of my idea.

So, don't letters to FreshOne ever get acknowledged and responded to?  I didn't make any request for money, just the opportunity to be involved.  Was that too much to ask?

I have followed Jamie since the 'Naked Chef'.  I  have a lot of his books and DVDs.  If my husband was stumped as what to offer me as a gift, frequently a parcel would arrive from Amazon with a Jamie 'something'.  My favourite ............ a toss up between Jamie at Home and Jamie does.

May I ask for a response to my feedback please?

Thank you
Helen

Likes (0)

#34 Wed 04 Sep 13 6:03pm

Alison.avil

Member since Wed 04 Sep 13

Hi I'm Alison, Im new to the forum / site but we have lots of Jamie's books. We like his style which doesn't over complicate things.

I'm watching his latest series with interest as I've volunteered to do one of our Squash (the sport not the food!) teams meals this season so I'm looking for simple, nutritious food, but on a budget and preferably one pot!

Jamie would be proud of me today, Sundays roast chicken has turned into 3 bags of stock for the freezer and a chicken and bacon and tomato sauce for a pasta meal. We grow food, so I've also done three apple and berry crumbles for the freezer, and three portions of marrow curry, again for the freezer.  One thing I would like to know is what's the best way to freeze my own spinach? Any help would be great!

Likes (0)

#35 Thu 05 Sep 13 5:12pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Alison.avil wrote:

Hi I'm Alison, Im new to the forum / site but we have lots of Jamie's books. We like his style which doesn't over complicate things.

I'm watching his latest series with interest as I've volunteered to do one of our Squash (the sport not the food!) teams meals this season so I'm looking for simple, nutritious food, but on a budget and preferably one pot!

Jamie would be proud of me today, Sundays roast chicken has turned into 3 bags of stock for the freezer and a chicken and bacon and tomato sauce for a pasta meal. We grow food, so I've also done three apple and berry crumbles for the freezer, and three portions of marrow curry, again for the freezer.  One thing I would like to know is what's the best way to freeze my own spinach? Any help would be great!

Welcome to the forum!

If you want to freeze the spinach 'plain', clean it well, remove any brown leaves, weeds, tough stems, etc. wash thoroughly.  Blanche the spinach for just a minute or so  in boiling water.  Cool over ice to stop the cooking.  Spin dry and place in freezer bags or containers.  Blanching will 'set' the green color.

I usually cook spinach dishes and then freeze - a good one is cream of spinach soup (I do a skinny version using milk, no cream).

Likes (0)

#36 Thu 12 Sep 13 6:17am

kat007008

Member since Thu 12 Sep 13

Hello everyone !

I'm Kathy and I live in Beautiful British Columbia, Canada.  I love Jamie's cooking style using fresh and local ingredients.  I have been following his show for many years. He is such a great inspiration. 

smile

Likes (0)

#37 Thu 12 Sep 13 4:05pm

Merlin

Occupation Editorial assistant/general online chap
From London
Member since Wed 24 Oct 12

Hi Kathy, welcome! Glad to hear Jamie's been such an inspiration to you. Glad to have you on the forums, looking forward to hearing more from you.

Likes (0)

#38 Fri 13 Sep 13 8:57am

lisarose001

Member since Fri 13 Sep 13

Hello,
I am Lisa rose a new member of this forum, by profession I am a  freelance content writer. I  have written many topic on health issues. Beside this I am a food lover yummy . I love to make various type of recipes. I mostly prefer to healthy recipes and health diet food, because i believe in health is wealth  thumbsup .

Last edited by lisarose001 (Fri 13 Sep 13 8:58am)

Likes (0)

#39 Tue 17 Sep 13 2:23pm

jackielee34

Member since Tue 17 Sep 13

Hi there am Jackielee from Burnley Lancashire England thumbsup

Likes (0)

#40 Tue 17 Sep 13 11:19pm

togarashio

Member since Mon 16 Sep 13

I am "Togarashio" (Japanese for "Chile man"). I was born in Osaka, Japan, to an American father and Japanese mother. I was brought to the US at the age of 2. As a boy, I was interested in chemistry and loved playing with chemistry sets. By 16, I discovered that cooking is chemistry you can eat. As an adult, I loved cooking for friends but hated it as a job. So I abandoned restaurant work for office jobs.

Being raised by a Japanese mother, my main interest is Asian cooking. But I widened out to cooking of all countries and cultures. I have accumulated a large store of cookbooks, concerning every part of the world. When I was in college, my mother went on a Mexican food kick (after a trip to Arizona), which introduced me to chiles and other hot spices. I began eating a lot of chiles and hot sauces, building up my tolerance to the heat. Now I have a large collection of hot sauces, my favorite being of the Moruga/scorpion pepper; the 3rd hottest in the world. (2nd is fatalli, 1st is Jolokia/ghost pepper.)

Aside from Jamie, I've watched Graham Kerr, Justin Wilson, Rachael Ray, Alton Brown, Guy Fieri, Anthony Bourdain, Andrew Zimmern, and Amy Wong on TV. Two new shows I've loved are 'BBQ Crawl' and 'Tripping Out with Alie and Georgia.'

I look forward to exchanging all sorts of food news, facts, ideas, and hearsays with all of you.

Last edited by togarashio (Tue 17 Sep 13 11:20pm)

Likes (0)