#1171 Sat 07 Sep 13 10:12pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: Ask me a cooking question

its the way that the taste seems to get altered MsP ,
mashed potato seems to freeze ok but Im still not keen on it.

Likes (0)

#1172 Sat 07 Sep 13 10:30pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Ok, well that makes sense to me.  I have to say, for guests, I would always make fresh  potatoes because they are better.  I really dry out the potatoes on the stove before and during the process of adding butter and hot milk and this is one time when I don't skimp and I don't mash really, I grate them with a fork so they don't get gluey.  This was Julia Child's advice and it works really well for me.  I would however, only freeze them in one-portion servings and do so immediately after cooking as they will change when cooled down slowly, they will get yucky.

Likes (0)

#1173 Thu 12 Sep 13 4:35pm

sfillingham

Member since Thu 12 Sep 13

Hi Jamie.   In your recipe for steamed chocolate pudding, should the chocolate I buy be semisweet?  If not, what do you suggest?
Thanks.

Likes (0)

#1174 Thu 12 Sep 13 7:21pm

littlecooker2

Member since Thu 12 Sep 13

Hi Jamie!,
Firstly I am a big fan of you. I am from Istanbul. My name is Elif Yasa. And I am 12 years old. I went to your restaurant in London and I LOVED IT! I left a comment also. This year in my school Eyuboglu College, I joined International Cooking Club. We are cooking some desserts, meals from different countries like Italy, Greece, Spain, England etc. I heard that you will open a restaurant in Istanbul. And when I heard It I was too excited. My plan is to go your place!!!! It will be my favorite restaurant. When you will come to Istanbul can visit us in our school?. And attend our International Cooking class. We will be very pleased if you come to our school.
P.S: Our club  teacher is also English.
Loves to Big Cook,

from Little Cook Elif smile

Likes (2)

#1175 Fri 13 Sep 13 2:50pm

chartley007

Member since Fri 13 Sep 13

I bought Brisket today to make the mothership roast but mine looks much fattier than Jamie's did. Is mine just a poorer quality of meat or is brisket fairly fatty?

Thanks

Chartley007 help

Likes (0)

#1176 Sat 14 Sep 13 1:59pm

Kirlian

Member since Sat 14 Sep 13

Hello Jamie! I am a big fan from Brazil. I wanna know if you have ever tried to cook a tipical brazilian snack called "Coxinha de Galinha". If so, tell me, but i bet that you must come to my country to taste the very different ones and their quality!
Even Nigella, when she came to Brazil some months ago, said in a famous tv show that it's really amazing and she would try to reproduce the recipe in London.

Likes (0)

#1177 Sat 14 Sep 13 5:35pm

lilkaras

Member since Sat 14 Sep 13

Hello Jamie,

I am interested if you have any knowledge of east European food ? Bulgarian for example?

Thanks,

Liliya

Likes (0)

#1178 Mon 16 Sep 13 8:22pm

DianaGrayeb

Member since Mon 16 Sep 13

Hi Jamie..
well, I'm Diana from Mexico, we are celebrating the mexican party so  I wish you could give us a mexican recipe like alambre, barbacoa, birria, pozole, that would be great.. I hope you can make a recipe of them

Likes (0)

#1179 Mon 16 Sep 13 11:02pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

chartley007 wrote:

I bought Brisket today to make the mothership roast but mine looks much fattier than Jamie's did. Is mine just a poorer quality of meat or is brisket fairly fatty?

Thanks

Chartley007 help

Welcome to the forum chartley007 smile
Brisket can ( but not lways ) be quite fatty , I have found that a lot depends on the butcher that you go to as to how the cut of meat is prepared .

Likes (0)

#1180 Tue 17 Sep 13 6:44pm

Lindy76

Occupation Learning to sleep late (aka retired)
From The land of song
Member since Tue 17 Sep 13

I can appreciate that you need to buy larger pieces of meat to save money, but with only 2 of us at home, and a small freezer, this is not practical.
What do you reckon is the optimum weight of joint to buy for 2 people and still get value (without over filling the tiny freezer).
How do I adjust cooking times and temperatures for these smaller sized joints, is ther a rule of thumb ?
Love the new show, by the way, and the beef was the tenderest I have ever eaten, and we loved the stir fry with the shredded beef. smile

Likes (0)