Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1161 Thu 12 Sep 13 7:21pm

littlecooker2

Member since Thu 12 Sep 13

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Hi Jamie!,
Firstly I am a big fan of you. I am from Istanbul. My name is Elif Yasa. And I am 12 years old. I went to your restaurant in London and I LOVED IT! I left a comment also. This year in my school Eyuboglu College, I joined International Cooking Club. We are cooking some desserts, meals from different countries like Italy, Greece, Spain, England etc. I heard that you will open a restaurant in Istanbul. And when I heard It I was too excited. My plan is to go your place!!!! It will be my favorite restaurant. When you will come to Istanbul can visit us in our school?. And attend our International Cooking class. We will be very pleased if you come to our school.
P.S: Our club  teacher is also English.
Loves to Big Cook,

from Little Cook Elif smile

Likes (2)

#1162 Fri 13 Sep 13 2:50pm

chartley007

Member since Fri 13 Sep 13

I bought Brisket today to make the mothership roast but mine looks much fattier than Jamie's did. Is mine just a poorer quality of meat or is brisket fairly fatty?

Thanks

Chartley007 help

Likes (0)

#1163 Sat 14 Sep 13 1:59pm

Kirlian

Member since Sat 14 Sep 13

Hello Jamie! I am a big fan from Brazil. I wanna know if you have ever tried to cook a tipical brazilian snack called "Coxinha de Galinha". If so, tell me, but i bet that you must come to my country to taste the very different ones and their quality!
Even Nigella, when she came to Brazil some months ago, said in a famous tv show that it's really amazing and she would try to reproduce the recipe in London.

Likes (0)

#1164 Sat 14 Sep 13 5:35pm

lilkaras

Member since Sat 14 Sep 13

Hello Jamie,

I am interested if you have any knowledge of east European food ? Bulgarian for example?

Thanks,

Liliya

Likes (0)

#1165 Mon 16 Sep 13 8:22pm

DianaGrayeb

Member since Mon 16 Sep 13

Hi Jamie..
well, I'm Diana from Mexico, we are celebrating the mexican party so  I wish you could give us a mexican recipe like alambre, barbacoa, birria, pozole, that would be great.. I hope you can make a recipe of them

Likes (0)

#1166 Mon 16 Sep 13 11:02pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

chartley007 wrote:

I bought Brisket today to make the mothership roast but mine looks much fattier than Jamie's did. Is mine just a poorer quality of meat or is brisket fairly fatty?

Thanks

Chartley007 help

Welcome to the forum chartley007 smile
Brisket can ( but not lways ) be quite fatty , I have found that a lot depends on the butcher that you go to as to how the cut of meat is prepared .

Likes (0)

#1167 Tue 17 Sep 13 6:44pm

Lindy76

Occupation Learning to sleep late (aka retired)
From The land of song
Member since Tue 17 Sep 13

I can appreciate that you need to buy larger pieces of meat to save money, but with only 2 of us at home, and a small freezer, this is not practical.
What do you reckon is the optimum weight of joint to buy for 2 people and still get value (without over filling the tiny freezer).
How do I adjust cooking times and temperatures for these smaller sized joints, is ther a rule of thumb ?
Love the new show, by the way, and the beef was the tenderest I have ever eaten, and we loved the stir fry with the shredded beef. smile

Likes (0)

#1168 Tue 17 Sep 13 8:11pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Lindy76 wrote:

I can appreciate that you need to buy larger pieces of meat to save money, but with only 2 of us at home, and a small freezer, this is not practical.
What do you reckon is the optimum weight of joint to buy for 2 people and still get value (without over filling the tiny freezer).
How do I adjust cooking times and temperatures for these smaller sized joints, is ther a rule of thumb ?
Love the new show, by the way, and the beef was the tenderest I have ever eaten, and we loved the stir fry with the shredded beef. smile

I answered on your other post about the pork shoulder.

Perhaps you can save in other ways.  For instance, I can usually get 3 portions out of one NY strip steak or pork chop or one chicken breast if I slice or chop it up for soup, chicken pot pie, Thai beef salad, fajitas, Asian noodle dishes, etc.

Cheaper take-out and restaurant options are usually not going to compare in quality to the ingredients you put in to homemade food, so even if you spend a little more for smaller cuts, you'll be getting more value for the money.

Last edited by MsPablo (Tue 17 Sep 13 8:29pm)

Likes (0)

#1169 Wed 18 Sep 13 1:55pm

robynlyndon1

Member since Sun 24 Jun 12

Hi Jamie

Thanks for trying to answer some of our questions when you are so busy - I feel you have altered my life so much with your love for food - we believe you are getting people to eat healthier and making a difference with food - so I am one of your biggest fan - love your recipes - I make so many of them and your bread and pizzas are the best never made such a great pizza base and the toppings are just as great plus I make my own spaghetti after watching how easy you make it seem - so yes you have changed my life immensely - and I would love to say thank you as I am 64 years old and if you can impress people like myself who are passionate about food that is awesome - I do love cooking and I love different type of food - I have so many of your books and now I am watching the new series where you used cauliflower instead of rice I was so taken up with that and I am ready to make some of those recipes as I need to lose heaps of weight.
So just wanted to say a big thank you - I have sent questions of these forums before and you have always answered so quickly and helped me out on so many occasions - so a very big thankyou!!!
big_smile  smile

Likes (0)

#1170 Sat 21 Sep 13 2:25am

PBlackHawk

Member since Tue 07 Feb 12

Hi guys...

First, let me say how much I LOVE Jamie and all he does for kids all around the world.  His Food Revolution is amazing.  Now for my question...when will Jamie's "Save With Jamie" be available in the states...?

Thanks,

Phoenix BlackHawk

Likes (0)