forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#41 Wed 18 Sep 13 12:25am

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Re: Introduce yourself!

Welcome togarashio!  So happy to have you here!  My OH is a big hot pepper fan and makes his own hot sauce with bhut jolokia and habanero peppers using some techniques and recipe ideas from another Jamie forum member, Ashen.  It smells so smoky and divine, but it's way too hot for me to even taste a little of it.

We both loved visiting Mexico and Japan and enjoyed their cuisines very much.  Hope you share some of your cooking experiences and recipes here.  We are in the D.C. area.

We grew up watching a host of cooking shows besides Jamie's programs: Julia Child, Jacques Pepin, Nathalie Dupree, Lidia Bastianich, Zarela Martinez (Velacruz cuisine) Rick Bayless and I really love the youtube series 'Cooking with Dog' about cooking some basic Japanese cuisine - the dog is a poodle who sits next to his owner while she demo's the dishes - check it out, it's really cute.

Recently, I wrote a guest blog about making gluten-free gyoza.  It was a lot of fun folding the gyoza dough and it worked really well.  I kept thinking of a good friend of ours in Japan who used to have gyoza making parties when she was in school.  Her stories made me want to try it.

Likes (0)

#42 Wed 18 Sep 13 1:33pm

Joodif

Occupation Writer
From UK
Member since Wed 18 Sep 13

Hello. I'm Joodif, a newbie as of today. I write for a living and cook for pleasure. I'm an amateur nutritionist and am interested in the politics of food.

Likes (0)

#43 Thu 19 Sep 13 9:16am

anna.jakutajc

Member since Wed 18 Sep 13

Hi everyone.  I'm Anna from Poland living in London for few yeas now.  I have been big fan of Jamie for many years. 

Wishing you all fantastic day
smile

Likes (0)

#44 Tue 24 Sep 13 4:55pm

Merlin

Occupation Editorial assistant/general online chap
From London
Member since Wed 24 Oct 12

Hello to all our lovely new members who have joined the forums in the last couple of months! How are you finding it?

If you've got any little (or bigger) questions you'd like to ask, this is a good place to do it - we'll always try our best to help wherever we can, although the esteemed forum veterans are incredibly quick on the uptake and usually beat us to it.

Likes (0)

#45 Wed 25 Sep 13 5:44am

lara.oneill1

Occupation Stay at home Mummy
From Tasmania, Australia
Member since Mon 01 Apr 13

Hi everyone!!!  smile
I'm from the island state of Tasmania at the southern most part of Australia.  I'm lucky enough to be a stay at home mum to two beautiful boys, 3 and 19 months, with a wonderful partner who works bloody hard to allow me to stay at home  smile
My youngest son was diagnosed with a dairy and soy allergy when he was 6 weeks old, so once he started solids, I had to pretty much learn to cook.  It used to be a whole lot of processed, packaged foods, but you never know what's lurking in those foods, so it was everything from scratch.  So I've only been "really" cooking for the last 15 months or so.  And it has helped me overcome Post Natal Depression and anxiety in a way I'd never thought possible, I discovered a love of cooking that I never knew I had, and Jamie's DVDs and books have helped me on my learning journey.  So HUGE thankyou to Jamie  clap
I think I've ranted enough  wink I'm looking forward to getting to know you all  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#46 Wed 25 Sep 13 11:06am

josie13

Member since Mon 23 Sep 13

Hello everyone

I would like to introduce myself.  I live in Nottinghamshire in the Uk and I am an oldie of 76.    I  have watched Jamie on tv since he was a young lad cooking for his mates and loved every minute of it.  I have many books of his and have just ordered the one on the Save with Jamie  programme.  I just want to be his gran.

I have only just found this site and I must say it is great and I plan to use it a lot.  Thank you for  all the work you do for us members.    thumbsup

Likes (0)

#47 Wed 25 Sep 13 5:57pm

Merlin

Occupation Editorial assistant/general online chap
From London
Member since Wed 24 Oct 12

Hello Lara and Josie! A pleasure to have you both on board, looking forward to hearing more from you.

Likes (0)

#48 Tue 01 Oct 13 3:59pm

Queen mummy

Member since Tue 01 Oct 13

Hi my name is angela and I ve just watched saving with Jamie for the 1st time. I have no!!! Confidence in cooking:(
I am joining this forum looking or inspiration:)
I would love to be able to cook for my family and friends smile)))

Likes (0)

#49 Wed 02 Oct 13 6:10pm

SharonM01

Occupation Director/Business Enhancement Consultant
From Leeds
Member since Wed 02 Oct 13

Hi everyone, another newbie.
I've been using Jamie's recipes for years (mainly because they actually work for me and taste edible!).  Favourite at the moment is the Jerk Chicken from the 30 Mins book.  My lot loved it.  smile

Likes (0)

#50 Wed 02 Oct 13 6:29pm

SharonM01

Occupation Director/Business Enhancement Consultant
From Leeds
Member since Wed 02 Oct 13

Jeez, sorry guys, didn't realise the photo was going to post that big! Don't know how to alter it?  oops

Likes (0)