Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sat 16 Mar 13 1:00pm

Danny

Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Great opportunity at Jamie's Ministry of Food Stratford

Hello everyone,

Recently I visited with the lovely people who run Jamie's Ministry of Food in Stratford. The team there are doing great work "Keeping Cooking skills Alive!". The cooking centre was very busy when I was there with an after school class learning how to make Jamie's recipes for a lovely home made burger. The children were really enjoying themselves whilst learning how to cook. There is no better indication that someone has listened and learnt to cook then them feeling confident enough to offer to share what they have cooked with you. I was so thrilled when one of the young students offered me to taste some of the burger that she had made. It was really very tasty and cooked to perfection! Well done to everyone who is making Jamie's Ministry of Food a great place to learn about the basics of cooking.

My colleagues there have sent me a job application for an exciting new position working at the centre as a Business Development Manager. More details for you below - very exciting indeed and a great opportunity. Please feel free to apply and pass this info onto anyone who you think would fit the bill!

Have a great weekend everyone wherever you are.

Cheers from Danny

Business Development Manager:  Jamie's Ministry of Food Stratford, the only Ministry of Food in London, started operations in East London about 18 months ago.  More than 500 local people have completed our cooking courses and we have delivered 120 demonstrations and events; in schools, festivals, cooking competitions and businesses -Westfield shopping malls, Ogilvy, Queen Mary University, etc- engaging more than 5000 people.  We want your help to consolidate and expand our activities.   We need YOU!

Description
As Business Development Manager/Senior Consultant you will help us sell our services to and broker partnerships with a wide range of clients in the corporate and public sectors.

Responsibilities
•    Sell our services (classes, workshops, etc) to a variety of clients.
•    Develop corporate partnerships and event sponsorships, e.g. school cooking competitions, cooking demonstrations.
•    Update the business development strategy.
•    Maintain and develop the client database.
•    Maintain minimum daily phone metrics and build a pipeline of prospects that is three times the target to grow the sponsorship client base. 
•    Produce timely forecasts of potential sales and event sponsorships.
•    Work closely with the operations team to understand our impact in the local community, in order in order to prospect and close sales.
•    Manage corporate partnerships at our events.
•    Monitor client satisfaction.
•    Maintain and build quality relationships to renew sponsorship and corporate partnerships.
•    Research and complete applications to grant-making trusts.
•    Help to align Jamie’s Ministry of Food Stratford events to our prospective sponsor’s business goals.

Requirements
Jamie’s Ministry of Food Stratford is looking for an exceptionally talented individual, someone who is entrepreneurial and passionate about bringing innovative social change to communities in London – through FOOD! We particularly welcome cheerful people who are open and curious and intellectually rigorous.

As the ideal candidate you will have:

•    A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
•    Demonstrable high-level experience identifying and following up sales opportunities for services/products and event sponsorship.
•    Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships and work effectively with different people.
•    Contacts across the corporate world and in health and education organisations, in London and particularly East London.
•    Direct experience in: meeting sales objectives; building a network of contacts; turning leads into sales; identifying and bringing in new accounts; and managing partner accounts.
•    Excellent spoken and written English, and the ability to communicate effectively and concisely.
•    Strong organisational and ICT skills.
•    Commitment to the values and principles of the Jamie Oliver campaigns around food.

You will need the ability to operate in a fast-moving environment and be reliable when working on a broad range of tasks. You will need the capacity to work independently. In return, you will work with a fun, passionate and vibrant team who is working hard to strengthen communities through food.

Please send a CV and a covering letter explaining how you may be able to help us. opportunities@leasidefood.co.uk         ASAP or latest 8 April 2013.

Start date: ASAP                   
Hours: Full-time or Part-time
Remuneration: Competitive, including bonus 

This job and applicant description is a guideline only and is not exhaustive. You may be required to perform other duties which are not expressly listed but are in keeping with the general purpose of your job role and we reserve the right to make changes to this job description as appropriate

For more information please visit our website:
http://www.leasidefood.co.uk
http://www.jamieoliver.com/jamies-minis … atford.php

and our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JamiesMinistry … ford?ref=h

Likes (0)

#2 Sat 16 Mar 13 9:14pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Re: Great opportunity at Jamie's Ministry of Food Stratford

•    A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.

As a qualification for this job...

Tell me does Jamie have the equivalent qualification???

mrgreen

And Jamie started it.....

How about enenthusiam.... passion, a good understanding of a business model..cost controls and people management... big_smile

Likes (0)

#3 Sun 17 Mar 13 7:26am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

I would say that going  from a sous chef,  to his present business sucess in the last 15 yrs counts as at least equivalent to a bachelors degree. Then again, they are not looking for another Jamie Oliver but a Business Development Manager.  wink

Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or a cook.  { cowboy saying}
    Likes (0)

#4 Tue 10 Dec 13 7:47am

Robert_01

Member since Tue 10 Dec 13

nice !

Likes (0)

#5 Tue 10 Dec 13 8:46am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Recognition of prior knowledge can count towards courses but there are a lot of things that you need degree level training to be able to do at the level required.

Likes (0)

#6 Tue 10 Dec 13 9:33am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Reported, Robert_01, for spamming.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#7 Thu 24 Apr 14 12:05pm

nauman.ahmad.3323

Member since Thu 24 Apr 14

I am interested in this opportunity. Can you tell me is it open now, and that recruitment continues till now.

Likes (0)