Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Fri 28 Feb 14 6:21pm

Merlin

Occupation Editorial assistant/general online chap
From London
Member since Wed 24 Oct 12

Forum news

Hello all,

Sorry it's been a while - Jamie HQ has been busier than ever, and I know our attention to you guys has been less than ideal. I thought I'd let you know know a couple of things:

First of all, I've finally just sat down with our new developers (as you may have heard, Eric left us shortly after Christmas) and we're making some tweaks to how we deal with your reports. Currently the process of removing spam and banning the culprits is quite cumbersome, and this should heighten our ability to stay on top of it. Which brings me onto my next bit of news...

I will soon be stepping away from the community side of my role to focus entirely on online editorial. My replacement as community manager, Abigail, will start at the end of March, and I think you and she will get on brilliantly - I'm really looking forward to introducing her to you.

So, team, hang tight - things are about to start looking up. We've just launched a massively improved member recipes section, while we're on the subject of improvements - I hope you've all had a chance to have a look!

All my best,
M

Likes (0)

#2 Sat 01 Mar 14 8:36am

Kiwi Kris

Forum champ
From New Zealand
Member since Sun 09 Jan 05

Re: Forum news

Thanks, Merlin, for your update/news post!  thumbsup ....All the Best, with your Online Editorial position! We will miss you here at Jamie's Forum!

I wasn't aware that, Eric, was no longer with you all, thanks for letting us all know! And, Best Wishes to Eric also with his new ventures/adventures! Plus, I/we will be looking forward to 'meeting', Abigail, before your change-over at the end of March!

Thanks once again, Merlin - lovely to hear from you! And, thanks to your new Developers who assist with the 'mechanics' of Jamie's Forum running smoothly as well!

Cheers; Kris  big_smile

Likes (3)

#3 Sat 01 Mar 14 9:40am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Thanks for the update, Merlin. Good luck with your new venture.

Will be glad when the spam issue is sorted. Any idea when the avatar issue will be? I'm appearing as a huge slice of pizza to some and (still) as Stevie to others. I tried to upload my Facebook profile pic with no luck.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#4 Sat 01 Mar 14 9:58am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Thanks for your work here Merlin, all the best for your new role! Good luck with the spam spam spam!

Likes (0)

#5 Sat 01 Mar 14 10:48am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Ya ta eggman

Likes (0)

#6 Sat 01 Mar 14 10:49am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

The White Rabbit wrote:

Ya ta eggman

Ta ta

As in bye, stupid auto correct on phone

Likes (0)

#7 Sat 01 Mar 14 11:12am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Thanks for the translation, TWR smile  I thought it might have been some obscure (to me) reference that I should've known about wink  (yep, just finished a sentence with a preposition)  whistle

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#8 Sat 01 Mar 14 11:53am

Sandy

Forum champ
From Durban South Africa
Member since Thu 24 Jun 04

thanks for the update Merlin and good luck wiht your new venture.

Likes (0)

#9 Sat 01 Mar 14 12:01pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Exciting times ahead Merlin . Good Luck with your new role .

Sorry Eric has moved on , I hadn't realised that . I think he'd been around since pretty much the start of the forum .

Sounds like it's all change and I look forward to getting to know Abigail .

Likes (0)

#10 Sat 01 Mar 14 2:41pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

Thank you for your update, Merlin, and very good luck in your new venture.

Sorry to hear that Eric has moved on, but I do hope all is going well for him.

Looking forward to "meeting" Abigail  smile

Likes (0)