forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Fri 21 Mar 14 1:42am

GingaNinja81

Member since Sat 09 Mar 13

Re: Histamine intolerance - recipes wanted

Hi.  I discovered I am histamine intolerant about a year ago.  I find that oatmeal is okay if you are making it yourself with essentially nothing added.  I have to be careful with sugar as well.  Many histmanine intolerant people also have fructose issues - keep that in mind for agitation, dizziness and itching.

Scrambled eggs are a good snack, if the eggs are fairly fresh and you are only eating once a day.  I can also do very plain nacho chips, corn nuts, rice cakes & homeade hummus.  Store bought hummus is no good because of the massive amounts of tahini.  Rice cake with organic peanut butter seems to go over well, or when making a stir fry, use rice noodle.  Other things I have experimented with is fresh dairy.  I can do quite fresh or light dairy, like a cheese curd, or sugar free, light yogurt or cream cheese. 

I noticed that somebody else here mentioned they are doing banana ice cream?  I have a lot of problems with banana.  I've tried to give up alcohol, but that's very hard.  All I essentially do is light bottled beer and white liquors with water now.

I am also searching for new ideas.  Open to what anybody else has on the go, definitely going to check out that website.  Some things seem to bother some people more than others.  I am okay with mushrooms if they are fairly fresh. Any veggie starting to get old, or leftover past 2 days causes reaction.

I also try to still have a coffee a day, but must do decaf, or instant with chicory root and almond milk.  Anybody have more advice / ideas?  I'm also getting incredibly bored of my diet!

Likes (3)

#12 Sun 28 Sep 14 5:28am

wendy.flynn.792

Member since Sun 28 Sep 14

Thank you histamine chef! I was ok with no allergies until I hit perimenopause 3 yrs ago when j ended up sleeping on bags of ice in hospital for a week.....and now it has reappeared ( fortunately not as severe ) and now the 2 episodes are tied together....tadah an allergy to histamine. Thank you Histamine Chef I look forward to trying your recipes and thank you for doing what you are

Health!
    Likes (0)

#13 Sun 28 Sep 14 2:28pm

user2014

Forum champ
Occupation student
From kuklen,plovdiv,bulgaria
Member since Sun 05 Jan 14

what is histamine?

enjoying cooking easy and fast...
    Likes (0)