Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Wed 17 Apr 13 7:49pm

useimagination

Occupation Archivist/Museum assistant
From Namibia,Africa
Member since Tue 12 Feb 13

Re: Ask me about Food Revolution Day!

mummza wrote:

Nadine , you might enjoy these video's I know that they are cooked in wood fired ovens ,if you are using a conventional oven turn the temperature up and get the oven really hot before you put the pizza in.

Gennaro makes Pizza in his wood fired oven
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdBKwRibFLA

Jamie Oliver makes Pizza in his wood fired oven
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBPbb4YLrA

Gennaro Contaldo and Antonio Carluccio ..Pizza in Naples  (from two greedy Italians )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykN3uNzTMgg
a little history lesson about the Margarita pizza !

Mummza,thank you very much I just watched all three and I must say I learned a lot! And the history lesson of the Margarita pizza is interesting...loved learning about it! Thank you sooo much. wink

Likes (0)

#12 Wed 17 Jul 13 1:51am

kate124

Member since Tue 16 Jul 13

Wish you guys a fantastic food revolution day ahead! Kindly share your experiences of celebrating it. I would love to know more about the kind of food so served on the food revolution day and also about how you guys celebrate it with your family and family.
thousand islands niagara falls
boldt castle tours

Last edited by kate124 (Sat 27 Jul 13 7:07am)

Likes (0)

#13 Mon 28 Apr 14 1:41pm

Abby M

Occupation Community Manager
From Jamie Oliver HQ
Member since Sat 15 Mar 14

I agree Kate124 - would love to hear what you all have planned for Food Revolution Day this year... not long to go now!

Do you know anyone running events or getting involved?

Have you all seen the great recipes on the Food Revolution Day website? Take a peek here: http://www.foodrevolutionday.com/recipes/

There is a great prize to win a cooking lesson with Jamie and AWESOME UK trip here if you are able to donate, however big or small: https://www.prizeo.com/prizes/jamie-oli … experience

Likes (1)

#14 Mon 28 Apr 14 2:18pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Doesn't happen here. Tried to get a buzz going via the food pages of the local paper. No go. Every day is Food Revolution Day in this household smile.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#15 Mon 28 Apr 14 4:40pm

user2014

Forum champ
Occupation student
From kuklen,plovdiv,bulgaria
Member since Sun 05 Jan 14

i have never heard of this day merlin. is itthe idea for the schhools when there is a revolution to the eating habits of students. i really adore jamie s reality. will jamie will be cooking for kids there. no way... they will have to show this on food tube. big_smile

enjoying cooking easy and fast...
    Likes (0)

#16 Tue 29 Apr 14 6:14am

Miss GlutenFree

Occupation Admin Officer & Mum
From Queensland, Australia
Member since Sun 14 Mar 10

I don't think we have anything going on here as I would be one of the few people aware of it - as Maree said, it isn't really recognised here. It is actually my birthday that day so will encourage everyone to do some fantastic cooking for me instead of buying gifts lol  lol  lol

Likes (0)

#17 Tue 29 Apr 14 6:26am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Miss GlutenFree wrote:

I don't think we have anything going on here as I would be one of the few people aware of it - as Maree said, it isn't really recognised here. It is actually my birthday that day so will encourage everyone to do some fantastic cooking for me instead of buying gifts lol  lol  lol

Quite a bit happened in Sydney last year but nothing locally.

Happy Birthday for then, Miss GF smile.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#18 Fri 02 May 14 5:28am

matt.hanson.75436

From Washington State
Member since Thu 01 May 14

I love Jamie's zest for bringing back healthy cooking and bringing to light a chance to pause and reflect about whether or not we are "progressing" in the right way.  I agree with the entire concept behind the revolution and applaud all of you who are involved, no matter how small the part, in bringing the topics to light around the world. 

I took a step myself and committed to fixing at least one meal every day with my kids to show them the very basic stuff I know and to help them understand that the BEST food isn't found in candy packaging or layered in milk chocolate.  I have a blog that I do for myself, friends and family about my journey of learning how to cook and posted an entire entry dedicated to making them aware of the Food Revolution, what it means, and how it matters.  I can't post links here since I'm a new member, but if you want to see it then add and http : / / before the following: 

bushelsofknowledge.blogspot.com/2014/05/supporting-jamie-olivers-food-revolution.html

See you all on May 16th and happy cooking! 

-Matt

Likes (0)

#19 Thu 08 May 14 10:29am

Abby M

Occupation Community Manager
From Jamie Oliver HQ
Member since Sat 15 Mar 14

Thanks Matt your blog is great!

Just one week to go! Will we be seeing a Food Revolution Day blog post Matt?
Would love to hear what you are up to and make sure you share it on twitter, facebook and instagram with the #FRD2014 hashtag!

Likes (1)

#20 Thu 08 May 14 12:31pm

matt.hanson.75436

From Washington State
Member since Thu 01 May 14

Thanks Abby! 

Of course!  I already have some plans for FRD2014 and found some great recipes the kids can help out with that they'll like to eat.  That's the trick really. I'll definitely be posting a follow up blog to me and the family cooking it up and if the weather is nice, I might do some of it over the backyard fire pit. smile

Also, it's Mother's Day in the States this Sunday and I plan on making my first Beef Wellington for my mother who hails from Ipswitch in Suffolk.  She'll be cooking her traditional Yorkshire Puddings and my wife will be doing a more American green bean casserole more than likely, so I will definitely be blogging about that! I already have some dessert recipes the kids and I will make at the end of dinner involving some fresh fruit parfaits and/or some shortcake options. 

Thanks again for your response and can't wait to see the results of everyone's hard work on the 16th!

-Matt

Likes (0)