Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Fri 13 May 05 4:00pm

Jamie

Chef
From Fifteen Restaurant, London
Member since Wed 24 Mar 04

Welcome to the forums!

Hi guys - welcome to the forums!

This is the part of the site where you can introduce yourself to other people and let us know a little bit about you. I love the fact that there are people from all over the world on the forums, you all make my site a special place to be!

Thanks guys and enjoy!

Love Jamie O xxx

Likes (9)

#2 Fri 13 May 05 10:14pm

SHANNON3

From WEST MIDLANDS
Member since Sun 20 Mar 05

Re: Welcome to the forums!

big_smile

I really enjoyed you r school diners programme and the last cook book. 

Why dont you set up cooking classes for young moms who can not cook giving them some of the basics in the kitchen.

I went shopping today and was talking to a mom in the que.  He trolly was full of ready meals and tinned food.

She said no one taught her to cook.  If you did this I would love to help.  I would start it off myself but i dont have your clout

Likes (2)

#3 Sat 14 May 05 8:47am

lochie24

From Australia
Member since Sat 14 May 05

big_smile Hi Jamie, just popped in to tell you that you ROCK! I am an aussie gal who just LOVES your fantastic original ways and style of cooking.

I am a HUGE fan of your shows to the point where I am sure that i have seen every single show ever made by you! Anyway keep up the good work and good on ya for making a change in school dinners in London, Hopefully the rest of the world will catch on!!

Cheers Mate!

Vanessa

Likes (2)

#4 Sat 14 May 05 12:42pm

Lakota

From Sydney

big_smile Hiya Jamie,

Nice to be part of this website, and boy did I get a total surpise yesterday! I use to come to your parents pub way back about 13-14 years ago my sister lived in the area and she use to take me there as a treat to have dinner and lunch on my visits up from Devon. Maybe you even helped cook one of them! Now I live in Sydney Australia and love watching your shows,  I miss sweet baby leeks!

But I am hoping to come to Fifteen when I come to the UK in August I just hope there is a vacancy! My boyfriend and I look forward to enjoying your hard work and will continue to watch and support you in all the good you're doing!

x 8)

P.S Jools and you have such cute kiddies!

Likes (0)

#5 Sat 14 May 05 2:09pm

kate_36

From UK

Hello, just joined today. I am hoping to get some good ideas for tasty healthy food. Forums look great, hope your restaurant is going well smile

Likes (0)

#6 Sat 14 May 05 4:29pm

Dunk's crab

From Beijing,China
Member since Sat 26 Mar 05

I am a Chinese girl,my english is not very well.Pardon me!I very like cook2!In fact, in China I have many friends behind U.I like cook,beacuse i wanna tell the world,Chinese food is very good 2!You know that!So i join in Ur forums,and I want to know more about English food!And we will aways here for U ,when the chips are down!
See ya! roll

Likes (0)

#7 Sun 15 May 05 10:30am

justin kollanyi

From Australia, Blue Mountins
Member since Sun 15 May 05

Hey dude(jamie)
My names Justin Kollanyi and im 18. Im trying to become a chef but theres so much godam hardwork. Man i see you cooking away like you arent stressed at all. Whats the secret? Any way im just writing to tell you how much inspiration i get from you. Well im comming over to the Uk next year and im gonna give it a shot a try and get a job at fifteen so i can get some great expeirience.
Thanks man for your rolemodeling,
Have a good one dude!

Likes (0)

#8 Sun 15 May 05 7:50pm

cbcalimero

From landgraaf netherlands

Hi Jamie

Hello, just joined today.
I'm hoping to get some good ideas for tasty healthy food.
The Forums look great, i hope your restaurant is going well, wenn i come to London, i'll try to visit Fifteens.

I have a Question, you have made a Indian Curry
in your show, in that show you've learn to dance like 'Bollywood' Dancers.
Can you please give me the Recipe.

Loves Claudia xxxx big_smile

Likes (0)

#9 Mon 16 May 05 12:48am

trancer

From West Sussex

Hi Jamie, I'm Wayne, presently a DJ by trade but with a string of other things under my belt I've been considering opening a daytime restaurant for kids, somewhere as an alternative drop off than McD's etc, also catering for birthday parties etc. I've had this idea in my head for ages now and to be perfectly honest only seriously considered doing it since watching 'School Dinners', and mate, you deserve a medal for that one. I'm based in Brighton and that's where I would base the business, i've already looked at 2 places as suitable venues and am presently looking into the requirements for staffing etc. Your views on this matter would be really appreciated. Cheers for listening m8y wink

Likes (2)

#10 Mon 16 May 05 4:39am

Sally B

From Sunbury Australia
Member since Mon 16 May 05

Hi Jamie and fellow forumers.
Just want to say I love ur shows Jamie and was especially impressed with the recent school dinners shows.
My 6yo daughter also watched them and her eating habits have improved somewhat, although I still have all sorts of trouble trying to get her to eat lettuce or anything that vaguely resembles a salad! :cry:
Keep up the great work and the fantastic recipes.
Onya Mate!
Sally B

Likes (0)