forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Fri 20 May 05 8:10pm

jcougar

From ridgway, co.
Member since Fri 20 May 05

Re: Welcome to the forums!

jamie,
thanks so much for you help in the kitchen. my girl and i cook up alot of your recipes for breakfast and dinner. it makes life alot more sweet and memorable to have these great culinary experiences in our day to day lives. we really look forward to trying out new recipes fron your books. since we just got together in april, we are still picking and choosing the recipes from your first collection. when we exhaust this book, we'll move on to the next one. hey send me one will ya , happy upcoming b'day too. mine is on the 22nd of may and im heading to the desert near the four corners area in arizona, new mexico.
have a blast , joshua

Likes (0)

#22 Sun 22 May 05 9:16am

marnie

From Central Vic Australia
Member since Sun 22 May 05

Hi Jamie and crew

First time on internet and forum.

I have just been reading Woolworths FRESH magazine which features you and your lovely wife Jools and two beautiful girls. (I have 2 girls about the same age, also beautiful)

They state in this article 'Jamie's recipe for a happy life' that you may be considering re-location to Australia, Melbourne in particular.  Is there any truth in this?

I believe you are opening a new line of restaurants down under, how exciting for you and your family.  You couldn't have picked a better place in the world!!!

I have watched your school dinner's and agree with your outlook on our childrens nutrition.  You are an inspiration to us all with young or older families.

look forward to hearing from you or someone who can confirm the move!

Marnie wink

Likes (0)

#23 Sun 22 May 05 8:02pm

c2

From Manila, Philippines

Hi Jamie

I'm from the philippines and I love watching your show.  I try to catch up with the cable scheds for your show!
big_smile

Your ideals in cooking as well as your work do inspire me.

Keep it up! And as we say here in the Philippines... Mabuhay!!

Likes (0)

#24 Sun 22 May 05 11:47pm

Valentina

From Pescara, Italy

So,
I happened to cook a successful risotto (the lemon thyme, pecorino and prosciutto one) and this amazed me so much (and my family too, talk about self confidence) that I decided to learn how to cook properly. My lack of knowledge is a bit embarassing...Well more than a bit actually. Like, I just recently discovered garlic already grows in cloves. So wish luck to this absolute beginner smile

Cheers smile
Val

Likes (0)

#25 Mon 23 May 05 4:22pm

tousdesanges

From france
Member since Mon 23 May 05

Great pleasure to see this web site. I'm from France a little town called La Seyne sur mer, located along the "French Riviera". I'll certainly need some ideas for a very very special moment, for a man who's going out from hospital. And as I love most of you recipes I don't know which one I will choose. Thank you so much for your show and as we say in France : Hummm, c'est bon ! Would you please excuse me, my english is not as good as I would like.  oops

Likes (0)

#26 Mon 23 May 05 5:10pm

Layla331

From USA

I'm from a small town in the US...and wanted to just say..you make cooking fun and its what brought me here and to start me cooking period..the very  best to your family..and keep up the good work...your more inspiring than you realize..Im a huge fan and think your cause is just amazing as well..its people who do rather than talk that make the world better...all show and no go just keep us where we are..your all go and should be so proud..have the best day!

Likes (0)

#27 Tue 24 May 05 12:23am

bobbysgirl

From Kent

At the age of 23 I have just cooked my first weeks meals.  And they all came from you Mr Oliver thank you.  After watching your schools campaign I realised what was the point of all your hard work in schools if I continue to feed my kids pizza and chips when they come home!!!!  I planned my weeks meals from your book and surprised myself cooking ingredients I'd never even heard of, let me emphasize what a novice I am, this is the first time i have ever made mashed potato as opposed to smash and only realised you have to pierce baked potatoes through trail and error!!  oops
Am attempting your marmalade ham this week, any ideas for really fussy 2 year olds, as he has virtually starved this weeks without his usual savaloy and chips.

Thanks for opening my mind and for writing recipes that even I can understand.

Bobbysgirl

Likes (0)

#28 Tue 24 May 05 1:04am

lacantina

From Horley Surrey

big_smile Hello Jamie, Great site and congratulations about the schools dinner's project, it is a great cause.

The reason I am trying to contact you is because I have heard today that you recomend La Fiammante tomatoes range and that you would like to use it in your restaurant. Is this true?

If so can you let me have a review or recommendations on the product for my shop?

Hope to hear from you soon.

All the best.

Love Lucia

Likes (0)

#29 Wed 25 May 05 9:15am

AL

From Selby
Member since Sat 19 Mar 05

Just to say keep up the good work, you will be the one to feed britain better.

Likes (0)

#30 Wed 25 May 05 10:46am

julzeemoo

From ozzie ozzi ozzie
Member since Wed 25 May 05

big_smile ello there
Jamie, i was just curious if you knew a jessica stevenson she is in a very funny tv show (spaced) and did a very funny impression of you in it... in the commentary (yes it is quite sad ive watched most of it,) i heard your name pop up...
has anybody else heard of the show/actress i am talking of?
'ave a banana.
moo

Likes (0)