forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#31 Wed 25 May 05 3:14pm

Archiebald

From Philippines
Member since Wed 25 May 05

Re: Welcome to the forums!

wink
Greeting from the Philippines!  I love your shows, "wicked" as you're so fond of saying.

I have quite a hectic work and when I get home late at night what worthwhile show left to catch on the telly is "Oliver's Twist" and "The Naked Chef" shown in Discovery Travel and Living Channel.  Although the food are all mouth watering, I'm sorry that i can't experiment with your recipes since most really require herbs and spices that are quite difficult to access here in the Philippines...

Still, I have managed to cook some and it is one of my dream alternative professions, to be a chef.  Food invigorates me, and I would like to believe that I have quite a natural talent for cooking.  I hope someday to meet you Mr. Oliver and learn from your kitchen.

Good luck mate!

Likes (0)

#32 Wed 25 May 05 7:02pm

Naymee

From Bedfordshire

:P Hello Jamie
I love to cook and your recipes have really helped me to free up from rigid rules and get some freedon and creativity into my cooking.

I think the work you have done with the school lunches is great and about time!

I got teased as a student 20 years ago for my wholemeal bread sandwiches full of salad and humus and now my six year old daughter has come home and announced she won't eat brown bread anymore because the kids at school were teasing her. She is the only child who goes with salad and brown bread and got picked on because she didn't have dairylea lunchables or loads of junk in her packed lunch.  sad

I only hope that your message went out to those parents who really need to hear it and not just to us who wholeheartedly agree with you already.

I really love the site
Thank you!
big_smile

Likes (0)

#33 Wed 25 May 05 7:09pm

acura_girl66

From Montreal, Canada

Hello Jamie, love your show. I've been married to a Brit for 5 years now...My husband really like it when you make brittish food. Is there such a thing....mmmmmm. Good luck in all you futur project...Good luck in teaching kids how to eat...

Lucie

Likes (0)

#34 Wed 25 May 05 8:56pm

loony_marta

From Madrid, Spain

here's a spanish fan of yours, jamie!

i simply LOVE your recipes, way of cooking and your enthousiasm in trying to change people's eating habits for the better! i recently heard of your campaign for better school food and no need to say i totally  agree with you! (i still remember in horror the bad food we were served in my school and can't believe they haven't changed a bit... you'd think it would be otherwise, spanish cooking being so versatile!)

i hope i'll get to swap nice ideas for cooking with all these cooking lovers around the world!

keep up the good work, and lots of hugs 2 everyone!

Likes (0)

#35 Wed 25 May 05 9:43pm

Gill23

From Milton Keynes

Hi Jamie,

Me and my partner have a reservation at your restaurant on 13th June, will you be there? We got engaged a month ago in Barcelona and since being back, lifes been non stop, so my lovely Fiance has booked us up for dome of your food. My father in law to be has just bought me one of your books, as I'm forever cooking, and If your in that eveing, I was wondering if you would sign it for me?

Well, hope to see you there. Take care on your travels.
Gill

Likes (0)

#36 Wed 25 May 05 10:52pm

Aradia

From Brazil

Hello, everybody. ^_^ My name is Aradia, I'm 19 and I'm from Brazil.  8)
I have never in my hole life tried to cook any meal  oops (x.X), so I'm quite fond of Jamie's shows - Here in Brazil we have quite a lot of them, as well as Nigella's and many others. xP
As I can see, there's nobody from Brazil in here... So here I am, lol... ^_^
I remeber when Mr Oliver taught how to make a caipirinha, a traditional drink from Brazil - I laughed a lot because I have never expected to see an English cook drinking a caipirinha, something that I've known for all my life, hahahahaha... ^_~
Well, that's all...  Kisses and hugs from Brasil!!
Beijos!!
Aradia n_n

Likes (0)

#37 Wed 25 May 05 11:31pm

Lilits

Occupation Comuncations Atendent
From Brasil

Hi Jamie..

i´m kinda new here...
i just started watching your show in brasil a few months ago..
and I just love it...

i try not miss a single one....

keep going like that ...

Luck

Helena

ps. do you have a brother as cute as you??lol

Likes (0)

#38 Thu 26 May 05 8:24am

Jade_84

From Australia
Member since Thu 26 May 05

I have just joined today. And man you rock. I have watched every show that you have been on and i love to watch you cook. Your cook books have tought me how to cook some of the most fantasic meals, and i thankyou. I have also been to your resturant 15 in London and it's fantastic. I had the best meal of my life there, and i had such a brilliant time.
Your school dinners program was great and you try so hard even when things are getting you down.
Keep up the good work  big_smile
Jade
Australia

Likes (0)

#39 Thu 26 May 05 10:01am

kyrene

From sultan kudarat, philippines

I just joined ur forum today and I want to tell you, you are amazing!!! i love The Naked Chef. i watch it everytime.
i like the way you cook your food. it's so simply that anyone can try and cook it.

Keep up the good work!!!

Hope you can feature a filipino dish sometimes..
God bless!
You rock!!
Yeah!

Likes (0)

#40 Thu 26 May 05 3:26pm

Natsuko

From Tokyo Japan

Hi Jamie, and everyone who loves to cook and have fun!  big_smile

Jamie, my mother and I are great fans of you and your cooking and we enjoy watching your shows and reading your cookbook.  I also admire your proactive stance in improving the school lunches.  I went to school in London a few years during elementary school - I wish you were there then!   We, in Japan, have so much to learn from you.  Keep up the great work !

I look forward to learning a lot thru this forum and picking the creative minds of all who enjoy the art of healthy and fun cooking !

Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu. (=yours cordially in Japanese)

Natsuko

Likes (0)