At Jamie Oliver Limited, we believe work experience is a fantastic way for students to experience the world of work, expand their knowledge and interests as well as help direct and inspire potential career paths. Hereís some information thatíll hopefully help you understand how we do things here.
Do we offer work experience placements in the Jamie Oliver Group?
We do, but only if there is the time and space available within a department to accommodate a work experience placement. We like to give people the opportunity to experience our workplace and the various industries we work in, but we have to make sure the placement doesnít unduly distract teams from the work they need to get done. With a high number of work experience enquiries and the busy nature of our businesses we have to limit the number of work experience placements we offer. Because we receive a high volume of work experience applications every year, unfortunately we canít accept everyone. From 2011 we will accommodate 2 work experience placement students in the business at any one time. These placements will be offered at the discretion of the team Manager and will be for a period no longer than 2 weeks.
Here are the various categories in which we offer work experience:
- Unfortunately we cannot offer work experience placements, in any of the businesses, to Students under the age of 14.
- Students at School or College, from 14 to 18 years old can apply for work experience in an area of the business that is of interest to them.
- Students at University can apply for placements ranging from 2 weeks to a year in an area of the businesses related to their degree course.
What do I need to do?
You'll need to email email@example.com with the following information
- The type of work placement you are interested in
- Dates for the work experience
- The area of the business you want to complete the work experience
- A brief explanation of why we should offer you a placement and what you feel you'd gain from the work experience
As a volunteer you will offer your time and services to the Jamie Oliver Foundation without payment for your efforts. We advertise all volunteer opportunities with the Jamie Oliver Foundation on our careers page of the website.
Fifteen, Jamie's Italian & Barbecoa
Unfortunately we donít offer work placements or internships in any of the restaurants for operational and health & safety reasons. In addition we run an apprentice programme running throughout the year at Fifteen. Therefore we spend a lot of time and effort teaching the apprentices about food as well as giving them exposure in the kitchen so cannot accommodate any more students.